Chapter 3 - Living in a loop

TSC's POV:

'BEEP BEEP BEEP!!'

I heard my allarm clock. I slowly opened my eyes and lifted my head.

'Oh, it looks like I fell asleep at the desk again.'

I rubbed my eyes, trying to wipe the sleepiness out of them. I looked at the time. It was 7:30. I had half an hour. I got up and streached. My back hurt, probably because of sleeping at the desk. I started getting ready. I got changed and fixed whatever was going on with my hair. Then I quickly packed the books I needed, including the ones I slept on.

I went downstairs to find Chosen and Dark arguing, as usually. I didn't even bother saying "Goodmorning". I knew I would be ignored anyway. I looked at the time again. It was 7:47. I didn't have time to make myself breakfast, so I shoved a granola bar in my bag. After a moment we left the house.

Chosen and Dark walked infront of me. Dark was yapping about some random crap, while Chosen pretended to listen. I walked behind them as the third wheel I was.

Once we got to school, we went our seperate ways. Today was Monday, so my first class was maths. I was never a fan of maths, mainly because of our teacher.

I sat down at my desk and began my everyday fight with sleepiness. Unfortunately, I lost that fight today, as I was woken up by the bell. It didn't matter if I didn't have any notes. I could just go over the material myself.

This is how my day usually looked like: go to class, sleep during the entire lesson, go over the material myself. It sucked, but it worked for me.

After a couple of hours my favourite time of the day came around. Lunchtime! It was the best part of the day because:
1. I could finally eat something.
2. I had a chance to get away from Chosen and Dark.

You see, the whole reason why Dark and Chosen would make me follow them around all the time was... wierd. It was all wierd. I'm the youngest sibling, wich is why my dad is really protective of me. He doesn't want me to become friends with the wrong people, so he ordered Chosen and Dark to always make sure I'm by their side. None of us liked the idea, but what were we supposed to do? In the end, I had no friends and no chance of making them. People knew my aggresive brothers and didn't want to get on their bad side by talking to me. Heck, they probably thought I'm as bad as them. And this is why I liked lunchtime so much. Chosen and Dark would get distracted and I could run off somewhere and have a bit of freedom.

I waited for the perfect moment, and then I quickly left the cafeteria. I walked by myself for a moment.

'Gosh! It feels so good to walk without them looming over me!' I thought.

Unfortunately, I was quickly pulled out of my thoughts when I accidentally bumped into someone, causing the person to drop the books they were carrying.

"Oh shoot! I'm so sorry! I didn't look where I was going."

I looked down. The person I bumped into was a red stick figure. He had short, fluffy looking hair and a yellow headband on his head. I kneeled down and started picking up his books.

"Don't worry about it, it was an accident." He said.

As we cleaned the books I noticed he was looking at me, but I decided not to react to that. I reached out for one of the last books, when suddenly he placed his hand on top of my own. I don't know why, but the feeling on his warm hand on top of mine felt... nice. Like really nice. Unfortunately for me, he quickly snatched his hand away.

"Oh- uh- sorry about that."

"Heh, it's okay." I smiled.

Soon, we managed to clean all the books.

"So, you're the new kid, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. My name's Red."

"Nice name. My name's Second Coming, but people call me Second or Sec for short."

"Okay, I'll remember that."

I couldn't surpress my smile. Even though we chatted only for a few minutes, it made me feel so happy. Having a lighhearted conversation with someone felt very good when you were constantly yelled at. Unfortunately my good time was interrupted. Guess by who?

"Second, why the fuck did you run off like this?!" Chosen asked in a cold tone.

"And who the hell is this? You know you're not allowed to talk to strangers." Dark added. He was way more aggresive than Chosen.

"Calm down Dark. I just bumped into him." I explained.

"Bullshit!" Dark yelled back.

"Uhh... I gotta go, I have class soon." Red said as he quickly left.

'Damnit.' I thought.

I still wanted to talk with the guy, but obviously my asshole brothers had to ruin my fun. Dark and Chosen started scolding me about the situation. Usually I pretended to listen so it didn't look like I was ignoring them, but today I was too tired for that. I muted out their screams and thought about the situation. Talking with that guy made me so... happy...

Soon, school was over, but for me it didn't mean I could go home. You see, Dark and Chosen always go out after school and since dad said I'm not allowed to stay alone at home, cause I might invite someone over or sneak out, they always take me with them.

After a few hours of going to places I definitely shouldn't be going to at my age, we got home. I went upstairs. I took a quick shower and went to my room, locking the door behind me. It was 10 pm. I sat down at my desk and started doing my homework. It took me longer than usuall, since Dark and Chosen kept screaming at eachother all the time and I couldn't focus. It was around midnight when I finished. I put the homework away and pulled out a pile of books. I had to go over the material in each one of them. I was tired, but I didn't want to dissapoint dad with bad grades, so I opened the first book and started studying.

Some time passed. I don't know what time it was, the last time I looked at the clock it was 3:36. My eyes felt so heavy, but I had to finish studying. I only had 2 books left...

'BEEP BEEP BEEP!!'

I heard my allarm clock. I slowly opened my eyes and lifted my head.

'Oh, it looks like I fell asleep at the desk again.'

-------------------------------------------------

LET'S GO!! Another chapter done!!! Honestly, I dunno why I made Second's life into such a hell, but I'm not complaining (´TωT')

Words: 1173

Stay safe guys and I will see you in the next chapter :3