A Tall Wolf Warrior

"This is the place..."

You mutter to yourself as you approach the Mistwood Ruins that the merchant in Limgrave was talking about. You find yourself sneaking around a slumbering Runebear before stopping before the tallest point in the ruins. You spot the wolf Kalé was talking about.

*Snap*

You snap your fingers and before you know it, an 8 foot tall menacing wolf stands before you. He straightens his posture as he looks down at you with an empty look, he seems to be observing you.

You're taken aback by the sudden large stature of the wolf, you're too stunned to speak, but he isn't.

"Who goes there? Kalé sent you did he? Ever the bloody busybody..."

Your jaw remains open as he speaks, his words are soft and soothing as they put you into a small trance. You try to speak but only give out small noises. He notices your stunned stature and smiles gently as he begins to talk again.

"Hmm... Maybe to him you're not so strange..."

He extends his hand for you to shake it. You take him up on the offer.

"The names Blaidd, I'm looking for a man who goes by Darriwil. He fled somewhere near by... Or so I've heard, if you find him before I do I can offer you ample reward."

He finally stops speaking which causes your trance to be broken. Your eyes blink twice before shaking your head to get you back into reality as you finally break your silence.

"U-Uhh... Sorry, that's just a lot of information to take in... My name is Y/N, and sorry but I don't know the man you speak of."

He stares down at you with a look of disappointment before scoffing.

"Damn, I do appreciate the help of looking, be on your way then."

He turns around to go climb the ruin he was previously resting on. Before he can do that, you reach out and pull on his cloak.

"WAIT! I-I mean... That's it? You're not going to look for him?"

Blaidd turns around and looks back down at you with a curious expression, he raises an eyebrow as he speaks at you.

"What business do you have with me, short man? My journey is separate from yours, tarnished. I'm sure you have other things to tend to, no?"

Whilst true, you can't help but feel disappointed that your interaction is cut short. You keep a loose grasp on his cloak as you speak.

"Well, why not join me on my journey? I could use the help and we could possibly find this 'Darwin' guy together!"

"His name is Darriwil..."

"Same thing."

You wave him off and cross your arms. He's clearly pondering the offer as he's been alone for quite some time now.

"Listen carefully, I will accompany you on the journey to find Darriwil and that's it. I serve my own mistress Ranni as she has plans of her own."

Your face lights up with joy as cheer, you both could use the company and you both would benefit from the help.

"Soooo... Where is Darriwil?"

Blaidd gives off an uncertain look as he scratches the back of his head.

"I... Uhh... I don't... I don't know..."

Great, the two of you have no idea where this guy is, you're unfamiliar with these lands and you only have a tall shadow to help guide you. What a way to start an adventure.