The Fruits of your Labor

You both decide to get comfortable and relax for the night. The fire crackles gently as you Blaidd takes his shirt off to join you by the fire and share a drink.

"I have to admit, Y/N..."

He pours you a cup of wine, you don't drink but you don't refuse the offer.

"Today was definitely... Interesting... I'll put it like that."

He takes a sip of wine from his cup before giving you a smirk. He's waiting for you to drink the wine. You look down into the cup and stare into the blood red wine as it stares right back at you. You sniff the glass of wine as it smells strong with alcohol, you look back up at Blaidd and chuckle gently before you nervously take a drink of the wine. It's a bitter taste that washes over your tongue with a slightly fruity aftertaste. It's awful, you turn away and try not to spit it out, after a second, you force the wine down before looking back at him with a smile.

"Th-The wine is really good..."

He knows you're lying and laughs it off.

"It's okay to not like it, it's an acquired taste."

He leans back and looks up at the moonlit sky. The stars shine brightly as he begins to get lost in thought. You take this as an opportunity to dump the wine behind you before putting your cup back in your lap. He looks back down to you before sipping his wine once more

"I'd like to talk to you about Ranni, Y/N. She's going to recruit you and you'll be assigned missions. Currently I am looking for the entrance to Nokron. Oh and be weary of that bastard Seluvis."

You notice his tone shift when he brings up Seluvis, you aren't familiar with this tarnished just yet, although, his tone indicates you don't want to be in the first place.

"Who's Seluvis?"

"He's a bastard is what he is! That damned tarnished is only using Ranni for power but she can't see that."

He takes another swig of wine, only this time it's a bigger sip than the last. He's comfortable around you, at least comfortable enough to get a bit tipsy.

"He tricks people and uses these... These potions to turn people into puppets for his own gain and it's disturbing. They lose all sense of awareness and become as stiff as a board, they become mindless summons for his power."

He points at you as he takes another gulp of wine.

"Don't you ever  listen to a thing that comes out of that man's mouth. He's evil and vicious and if it weren't for Ranni then I would've sunken my teeth into his bloody neck."

He takes a final drink of the wine before shaking his head and tossing his hands up.

"I just wish... I just wish Ranni would notice... For her safety..."

He begins to get emotional as he brings a hand up to his eyes, he rubs them as they begin to water. You don't know what to do as you've never had to consult a drunken Half-Wolf before. You move closer to Blaidd as you put a hand on his bare back, he leans over and hugs you tightly.

"H-Hey it's alright, Ranni is a demigod is she not? I'm sure she can fend for herself if Seluvis ever decides to possibly betray Ranni."

Blaidd stops himself from crying and looks into your eyes with a serious look.

"You better not betray Ranni... I'll kill you..."

Despite his words and tone, you aren't at all afraid. You know for a fact that it's just the alcohol talking.

"That's great Blaidd, let's get you to bed now."

You take his hand and lead him over to his tent, he stumbles his way towards his sleeping bag before passing out and beginning to snore. You let out a sigh as you put out the fire. With the fire gone it gives you a better look at the stars, they glisten beautifully and light the way as you go over to your tent for the night. What a way to start the first day with your newfound ally.