A Detour to The Roundtable Hold

After your tender embrace (which lasted 10 minutes) Blaidd finally agrees to let you go. You spot a newly found Site of Grace in the middle of the arena. All Blaidd sees is you walking away from him, he reaches out to you.

"H-Hey, where are you going?"

"Hm? You can't see it? The Site of Grace?"

You reach out and touch it, it lights up for a second and engulfs you in a gentle warmth, you beckon Blaidd over as you rest on the ground with your legs crossed politely. A bit confused, Blaidd sits down next to you.

Before either of you can say a word, an apparition appears through a blue star-filled mist across from the both of you. It's your very own maiden, Melina! She sits down and faces you before noticing Blaidd.

"Oh, hello there, I suppose you may listen in as well." Her tone is friendly before giving off a sheepish and slightly embarrassed look.

"Forgive me, I've been testing you to see whether or not Grace truly guides you. And... Whether you are fit to face the challenge that entails."

Blaidd's eyes widen a bit as he realizes who this woman is, she's your maiden.

"It seems my worries were unfounded, you appear to have made a friend."

Melina turns to Blaidd with a smile, she chuckles softly  "A rather curious one as well."

Blaidd blushes gently at her slight tease.

"Well... I... Uh... ahem..." Blaidd sticks a hand out for her to shake as he introduces himself. "The names Blaidd."

"I am Melina, Y/N's finger maiden." She reaches out and shakes Blaidd's hand gently. She let's go and turns her attention back towards you.

"Torrent had your measure from the very start, where as I... Merely pretended... There is but one other thing I can do to offer you guidance. I can take you to the Roundtable Hold... A gathering place of Tarnished Champions, all guided by Grace."

Blaidd crosses his arms as he is intrigued by the offer, he turns to you with a smile.

"Well well, isn't that enticing? Gathering place of champions, sounds very legend-like."

He nudges you with a small chuckle before Melina speaks up.

"Normally, Tarnished are the only ones allowed in, however there are a few exceptions."

Melina looks over at Blaidd.

"Since this is your consort, I fail to see why you wouldn't accompany Y/N along to the Roundtable Hold."

There is an earth shattering silence between the three of you before you and Blaidd speak up.

"CONSORT?!"  Your jaw as well as Blaidd's are dropped open as you both lean forward to make sure you heard Melina right.

"Oh dear... Did I misread the situation between you two?"

"WE'RE JUST FRIENDS!... PARTNERS?..."
"WE'RE JUST PARTNERS!... FRIENDS?..."

You and Blaidd both scramble with each other to try and get the story straight with Melina who doesn't seem to judge whatsoever. It almost appears as if she's amused by the situation.

"We're... Just... Traveling... Friends..."

You and Blaidd finally get everything ironed out before Melina chuckles to herself.

"Well, whatever you are to him, I won't judge..."

She extends one hand out to you and the other one to Blaidd.

"Come... Let my hand rest upon you for but a moment..."

You and Blaidd both look at each hand and the  back at each other nervously. You both extend out and gently grasp her hand, it begins to glow a faint glow as your surroundings slowly fade away and into a completely different area. Melina disappears completely as you and Blaidd finally make it to the Roundtable Hold.

There's a circular table in the center of the room with a Tarnished standing on each side of the room. You look up at Blaidd who looks down at you nervously. You both slowly get closer to one another before interlocking hands for comfort

"Oh, this is a rare occasion indeed..."

A low raspy voice can be heard across the table which catches the attention of the two of you. An elder Tarnished dressed in a grey suit of armor beckons you over. He appears to be holding some sort of staff that resembles a hand. The both of you cautiously hold hands with one another and walk over to the Tarnished.

"I can't remember the last time a new Tarnished made their way to the Roundtable..."

He looks at the both of you up and down, he appears to be judging you one by one.

"I'm Y/N, and this is my... Traveling friend, Blaidd."

You can't see his face behind his armor, but you can tell he's judging the both of you carefully and cautiously. He nods slightly before speaking in a hurried tone.

"Very well, as your senior I bid you welcome. It is safe here, you may let your guard down."

Despite his supposedly comforting words, Blaidd's grip onto your hand tightens slightly. You open your mouth to speak but the Tarnished latches a hand onto your mouth and pulls you in, he speaks in a soft but aggressive tone.

"Let me allow you a word of advice as your senior... You are a mere visitor to the Roundtable, a houseguest that is yet to earn their keep... Remember your place, newcomer..."

Blaidd growls at the Tarnished as he looks up at Blaidd. He slowly let's go of your face and returns to his original position.

"Sir Gideon Ofnir, The All-Knowing. There is nothing left to say, be at your leisure..."

Blaidd leads you away from Gideon as he stares the both of you down. It's clear he doesn't trust you but you don't understand why. Blaidd leans down and whispers into your ear as you step into the next room.

"Quite the bastard that one is..." He begins to mock Gideon in a low tone. "A houseguest yet to earn their keep... Pompous prick..."

"Agreed..." The two of you walk over to a blacksmith who welcomes you a bit better than Gideon.

"You're a new face. No matter, it's all the same. Lay out your arms and let's get smithing."

Despite talking to you both, he doesn't take his eyes off the sword his smithing. You and Blaidd take this opportunity and upgrade your weapons to be better, quicker, deadlier. He explains his story as he smiths both of your weapons. He's a prisoner to the Roundtable Hold and is forced to smith weapons for the Tarnished, although he doesn't quite mind it at all.

After a long detour of getting your face grabbed and insulted as well as better weapons, you both walk to the middle of the Roundtable and reach out to it. The surroundings fade and grow foggy as the both of you hold one another's hand and are teleported back to the middle of the bridge to Stormveil Castle.

"Well, what a guidance that was."

Blaidd says as he looks down at you and smiles. You notice he's still holding onto your hand and it's clear that he knows it. Despite this, neither of you seem to mind. Neither of you mind the physical touch between you both one bit.