A CROWN IS WARRANTED WITH STRENGTH!

You and Blaidd climb an overgrown root of the Erdtree that wraps itself throughout the Erdtree Sanctuary. It's a surprise that it hasn't burned or at least caught on fire. You and Blaidd make your way through the rooted sanctuary and enter Marika's Bedchambers. Everything is untouched just as you left it. The hundreds of books are still stacked high. The silk curtains flow from the ceiling with a heavenly light guiding them from the center of the ceiling. Marika's bed is still uncomfortable and hard as concrete. You and Blaidd walk out of the bedchambers and slowly climb the stairs to the Elden Throne. A fog gate blocks the entrance of course.

"Ugh come on, we're so close..." You let off a heavy sigh as you enter through slowly, Blaidd follows behind close.

The Erdtree burns and glows red as you approach the Elden Throne. A large figure stands with it's back turned towards you, a phantom lion is latched onto the back of the figure. Ash is scattered across the balcony as the dry wind blows gently. The quiet peaceful sound of the wind and fire that gently crackles in the background is interrupted by the lion that roars as the figure begins to speak.

"It's been a long while... Morgott..." The man holds Morgott's dead corpse gently. Morgott begins to fade away in a golden heavenly light.

The man carefully sets the corpse of Morgott down as the light trails off and turns into a Ray of Grace, but not one that guides you. One that guides the mysterious man.

"Long and hard, didst thou fight..."

Crimson ambers fall from the sky as ash and fire spreads across the balconies background.

"Tarnished warrior, spurned by the grace of gold... And his lover, the lost shadow..."

"How the hell does he know about that?" You look up at Blaidd with a slight blush across your face.

"I don't know, but that voice is oddly familiar..."

The man stands up and admires the burning tree in front of him. He takes in a deep breath before slowly exhaling.

"Be assured the Elden Ring resteth close at hand..."

The lion on the man's back growls as he moves. He turns around and faces you and Blaidd.

"Alas, I am returned."

The man is dressed in a barbaric armor set. It glimmers with hardened silver iron engraved with regal patterns that are accompanied with a royal blue cloth that intertwines with the armor. He wears a crown that sits comfortably around his forehead. It matches this medium long white hair and his long braided white beard. He brings his right arm to his side and grips onto a large axe that is as tall as he is. The man lifts it up with ease before swinging with one arm and lifting it over his head. He brings his left arm up and slowly lifts the axe down in front of him.

"To be granted audience once more..."

As the man prepares a battle stance with his axe, the lion bellows out a hearty roar. One that pushes a wave of air and dusts the floor away from any ash that fell. You and Blaidd cover your eyes and wait for the wind to die down before drawing your weapons.

The man lifts his right foot up and stomps down, creating a small cloud of dust in his path. The transparent lion on his back stares the both of you down aggressively as the man speaks.

"Upon my name as Godfrey, The First Elden Lord."

You and Blaidd prepare a stance as well as the fight begins.