A Man Cannot Kill A God...

The flames crackle gentle around you as you slowly regain consciousness. Your eyes open up to find yourself laying in a bed next to Blaidd at The Roundtable Hold. The place is crumbling and burning as you look around. The ceiling, the walls, the floor, everything burns gently. You slowly shift up in the bed and try your best to wake Blaidd up.

"Blaidd... We need to get out of here..." You shake him gently as someone walks in the room.

"Thank goodness you're alright..." Roderika carries a large pitcher of water with two glasses, "I found you and Blaidd passed out just beyond the Roundtables doors..."

Roderika pours you and Blaidd a glass of water, Blaidd slowly begins to wake up as he too is greeted by the flames.

"Take a look around. The Roundtable Hold is burned... Razed to the ground," Roderika gives you some space as she watches you hand the cup of water to Blaidd, "Don't worry, I don't blame you. It was a matter of time before a Tarnished succeeded..."

You and Blaidd chug the pitcher of water together and let out a heavy sigh, you turn to Roderika and stand up, "Are you telling me that me and Blaidd caused this fire?"

Roderika nods slowly, "Yes, the Roundtable Hold was a place connected to the Erdtree, it served as refuge for the Tarnished, a place as shelter and hope... At least, that's what Sir Gideon barked at me about..."

"Ugh... Gideon..." Blaidd sighs and rolls his eyes, "I forgot about that old bastard."

"Is it safe for you to be here? You can join me and Blaidd on our journey, we'll offer you a better shelter than a burning building." You extend your hand to Roderika in your offer.

Roderika shakes her head and pushes your hand towards you, "Please, I cannot leave Master Hewg... You missed a lot while you were gone, but he's rooted deeply into this place and refuses to leave or listen to anyone. I'll stay with him in his final moments."

"Roderika, please..."

Roderika shakes her head once more, "Please Y/N, you and Blaidd are the only one's who have made it this far before. Ignore me and Master Hewg, go forth and mend the Elden Ring, fix these ruined lands. We're all counting on you..."

The ceiling cracks as Roderika finishes her words. Blaidd turns to you with a worried expression, "Y/N I hate to admit it but she's right. This place is on the brink of collapse, we have to leave now."

You turn to Blaidd with a pleading look before looking back at Roderika, "Damnit... If that's what you wish then I won't stop you..."

Roderika smiles and leans forward to give you a gentle hug, "We believe in you... Go forth and become the Elden Lord..."

You hug back, her soft silk clothes engulf your body with a sweet scent. The hug doesn't last a while due to the urgency of the situation. You, Blaidd, and Roderika head to the center room at the Roundtable Hold and look at one another with determination. Once you go beyond this point, there is no turning back. You and Blaidd reach out to the grace and slowly disappear along with the Rays of Grace. Roderika smiles and waves you goodbye before walking back to Master Hewg.

Your surroundings are foggy and hazy as you are transported to where grace leads you... Leyndell, Royal Capital. You slowly reappear in the center of the capital only to find that it is covered with ash. The once golden Erdtree now glows a hellish red as the fire continues to burn deeply. The sky screams with fire as everywhere the Erdtree touches, it burns. But something in the distance catches your eye...