The Tarnished and The Shadow

You and Blaidd finally begin your journey together. You tell Blaidd the story of how you came to the Lands Between as well as Melina and Torrent. He tells you his backstory as well.

"My name is Blaidd as I've told you. I'm the shadow given to the demigod Ranni the Witch. I serve her as she wishes to escape her destiny and become queen on her own  accord."

You ride atop Torrent as you two slowly walk together, you listen to his story and nod along, it's actually really interesting.

"That's incredible! I've never heard of Ranni just yet, what does she look like?"

He smiles softly, he's glad you've taken an interest in him.

"She burned her body and preserved her soul into a porcelain doll. She's blue with a ghostly apparition sticking out of half of her face, she's also dressed in an all white outfit."

You can't help but feel a sense of familiarity as he describes this small figure. Your eyes suddenly widen as you connect the dots.

"RENNA?!"

"Ranni."

"RENNA!"

"Ranni."

"Same thing, I met the woman you're talking about!"

Blaidd's eyebrows furrow as he doesn't believe you're quite telling the truth. But he does know about Ranni's false name, Renna.

"Why would Ranni take a liking to you? Hmm..."

"She said something about being entrusted with Torrents former master and then she gave me this bell and some wolves."

Blaidd nods along as he begins to put the pieces together.

"Ah, I see now..."

Blaidd turns to you with a rather serious look.

"She wants you, she sees something in you that I don't yet. Ranni is a mysterious one, I don't quite understand her sometimes but as her shadow I'll do anything to help her achieve her goal. Once we find Darriwil, I will take you to meet her again."

A feeling in your gut begins to take over, butterflies maybe? Perhaps some rotten Rowa Berries, regardless, you're nervous and you can't help it. What does this woman want with someone like you?  This interaction kills the mood a bit as an awkward silence begins to take over as you exit the Mistwood Ruins. A loud yell can be heard after a moment of silence.

"Hello? Is anybody there? Someone who might be interested in rescuing the great Kenneth Haight!"

The voice continues to yell about the Golden Order and Erdtree as you turn to Blaidd with a huge grin, he doesn't seem to be entertained in the idea.

"We're traveling for Darriwil and to take you to Ranni. We are not stopping for petty mercenary missions."

You squint your eyes at Blaidd as you dismount torrent.

"Oh please, lighten up will you? If we're going to work together we might as well do this to strengthen our bond."

"...Fine..."

You quickly take his hand and run up the ruins that Kenneth Haight is preaching off of. To his surprise, his prayers have been answered... Sort of... A scruffy tarnished knight and a tall shadow.

"Ah, you've both come to lend your aid have you? Uh... That's spectacular! The help is very much appreciated, even from a Tarnished and Wolf."

"Half-Wolf."