To the Future Elden Lord!

"To the future Elden Lord!" Blaidd raises his glass of wine in the air and takes a drink

"Yeah... Sure..." You take a small sip less enthusiastically than Blaidd, the taste is less bitter, it's starting to grow on you.

"Nervous are you? I don't blame you, you just felled a demigod and claimed a Great Rune. All of the other Demigods must be on their best guard now that they know of your existence." Blaidd rests his arm on his knee as he holds onto the top of the wine glass.

"Thank you for such comforting words." You take a slightly bigger drink of wine, it's strong flavors wash over your tongue with better taste now.

Blaidd chuckles as he brings the glass to his lips, "Sorry mate, didn't mean it that way," He polishes off the last bit off wine in the cup. "Still, quite an impressive place you've found yourself in. Ranni will be delighted to have you join her team."

You stare into your reflection in the wine as the fire crackles gently in the background. You watch as your red reflection ripples lightly, you sigh before you bring the glass to your lips and drink the entire glass.

Blaidd's eyes widen slightly and is taken aback by the sudden drinking, "Geez kid, if the burden is catching up to you then we can take a day off."

"No..." You shake your head as you let it hang between your knees, "I'm fine, I'm just not this used to... Killing I guess."

Blaidd's expression grows into a gentle one as he moves closer to you, "Hey now, it'll be okay," Blaidd grabs your chin with two fingers and brings your face up to his.

"You got this, you have people behind you to back you up. We're here for you, trust me."

You look into the Half-Wolf's soft sapphire eyes, they glow gently with the fire that burns gently aside the both of you. You begin to lean in closer to him, he does the same.

You feel the warmth of his body as the both of you wrap your arms around one another. He gently rubs your back as your face rests into his neck.

"Thank you, Blaidd... This means a lot to me."

He pulls back once you let go and begins to talk in the same soft tone once more, "It's no problem at all, Y/N"

You smile softly as you begin to have a bit of fun with the situation, "Should I actually rise as Elden Lord, I wouldn't mind having you as my Consort."

"...... HUH?!  WHAT?!" Blaidd is taken aback at your words before he notices your laughter, "Tch, very funny."

"Sorry, I know this is a tender moment but I couldn't help myself."

Despite clarifying your meaningless words, you notice a heavy blush on Blaidd's face. He seems to be acting aloof from your words. Maybe it's the wine? It's been a long day as well...

"Sometimes I can't with you..." Blaidd fills his wine glass once more and begins to slowly sip at it.

"Someone's upset huh?" The second you finish your sentence, Blaidd gives you a bone chilling side eye.

"Sorry, I'll stop."

"You better."

You laugh off his words and begin to stand up. Your bones pop as you let out a long stretch and a groan.

"It's getting late, I'll head to bed."

Blaidd looks down in his cup before looking back up, "Y/N, wait!"

You swiftly turn around and meet his glare. It seems he wants to say something but can't get the words out.

"I-... Have a goodnight, sleep well Y/N"

You let off a small smile as Blaidd sits there beside the burning fire.

"Goodnight, Blaidd..."

_________________________________________

Okay guys this is gaining more attention than I thought it would. My English assignment is due either tmr or Tuesday, don't worry! I made an entirely seperate fan fiction for that assignment so I'll most likely continue this one. ANOTHER THING!!! I am not against it whatsoever but are y'all gonna want SMUT 😭😭😭 I didn't put it in my English assignment for obv reasons but I'll have more freedom with this version than my school appropriate one. Anyways yeah let me know so I know what I should and shouldn't put. I'll tell y'all how my English assignment goes 😭