What's Your Problem?

The world around you ceases to exist and so does time. How long has it been since the fight with Rykard? Minutes? Days? Weeks? The endless slumber claims you, all is dark but all is not cold. It's surprisingly comfortable, time has certainly passed before you slowly begin to regain consciousness. Your head hurts as you slowly open your eyes, half of your body is wrapped in gauze tape as you let out a soft groan. The world feels like it's spinning as you get accustomed to the world.

"Look who's finally awake." A familiar voice softly speaks as it pushes you a bowl of potato soup.

You slowly open your eyes to see Blaidd sitting next to you in the tent, "ugrhhmf..." You try your best to sit up as your body gets used to the world around you, "What... What happened?"

"You nearly threw your life away is what happened, here," Blaidd pushes Rykard's Great Rune towards you.

It glows gently with power, you weakly reach out to it and absorb it, you feel stronger. The Great Rune seems to have restored most of your power, but not all. You're able to move with a lot less pain, Blaidd doesn't seem to be humoring this situation. There's a tough moment of tension between you and him, the atmosphere thickens as the sound of gentle winds carry through the tent.

"Alright I'll bite," You slam your hands on your knees as you sit with your legs crossed, "What's your problem?"

"What's my problem? Are you serious?" Blaidd sets his bowl down and leans forward, "You don't get it, do you? You nearly killed yourself trying to kill that damned snake and you're acting like it's just a joke."

"How was I supposed to know that we'd be fighting a fuckin snake? Tanith said it was just a sparring session with her Lord, Rya didn't tell-"

Blaidd snaps his fingers and points at you, "Right there, you're too trustworthy of people. You can't just go around helping anyone in these cursed lands, especially not mysterious people who invite you to a manor and describe it as a trap house."

The both of you go silent, you feel an emotion beginning to surge, but what is it? You look back at Blaidd, his facial demeanor is no longer aggressive but rather somewhat worried. You furrow your eyebrows gently as you try to discover what he is possibly thinking about.

"Why does it matter so much to you?"

"Why does it?-" Blaidd brings his hands to his face he let's out a soft groan that gets louder as it goes on, "IT MATTERS BECAUSE I-... I JUST..."

Blaidd looks like he's about to cry, you've never seen him this worked up, at least not sober. Blaidd looks down and avoids eye contact with you, you hesitate for a second but slowly reach out to him.

"Y/N..."

You stop moving your hand towards him and pull it back, Blaidd finally looks back up at you. Tears pool his soft sapphire eyes as he makes eye contact with you.

"I... I've been having... Th-Thoughts..."

Blaidd brings a hand to his eyes to wipe the tears, you're confused by what he means, "Thoughts?"

"Like... You're just different from anyone else I've met. You're short but you're not afraid to lend a helping hand or back down from a fight. You're different than any other Tarnished that I have come across in these damn lands."

You take a moment to take in his words, as he continues to talk through silent sobs, "I've had dreams that I dare not share with you, but if they could be a reality... Y/N..."

Blaidd looks at you as the tears begin to trickle down his face one by one, he leans forward and gives you a somber hug.

"Y/N... I care about you... I don't want to lose you... I can't... I can't... Please..."