Burn The Erdtree To The Ground...

You and Blaidd stand over the graves of Iji and Ranni. Although pronounced dead, nobody has found Ranni's body, suspiciously enough, nobody has found her 2 Fingers either. Seluvis is nowhere to be found as well. You and Blaidd searched everyone in his, Ranni's, and the surrounding Rises, yet no trace of life is anywhere to be found. Everyone except for Iji is just suddenly... Gone... Iji died before any information about what happened could be explained. The both of you look down at the graves, one of them being empty.

Blaidd finally breaks the silence, "Ranni cannot be dead..."

You look up at Blaidd as he speaks with a strained tone, "If she were dead, then I wouldn't be here... She's still alive somewhere..."

A wave of sadness washes over your face as you watch Blaidd try to make sense of the situation, "Blaidd I-"

"We're burning that damn tree..." Blaidd cuts you off before you can finish your sentence, "I don't care what it takes anymore... You're ascending to that throne and you're going to fix this tormented land, the Gods have interfered enough..."

You stare into Blaidd's eyes, you can tell he's fighting back tears. His words ring in your head like a church bell, they sound like commands rather than requests. You let out a soft sigh as you extend your hand out to him, "I can't do it without you..."

Blaidd looks down at your hand and smiles for the first time in days ever since Ranni's supposed death, he reaches out and grabs your hand before pulling you into a tight hug, "I don't think I can either..."

You immediately hug him back as the two of you share a tender embrace with one another. You can feel his breath slowly form into a steady pace as he holds you close to him. After a minute, he slowly let's go and smiles at you.

"Now let's go sacrifice Melina."

"Blaidd."

"Sorry..."

You and Blaidd slowly make your way back through Leyndell, Royal Capital. Blaidd's mood seems to have improved now that he's away from the graves and with you. The two of you make your way through moving platforms and cross a long bridge to enter a large stone elevator room. The two of you step into the center of it and slowly begin to descend, darkness surrounds you both for a couple minutes before it slowly reaches the bottom. A cold wave of air hits you and Blaidd as you exit the pillar and into a cold snowy land. The trees show no leaves with their snowy branches. A large golden ray of grace beckons you forward, one bigger than anything you've ever seen so far.

"This is the right way... The Guidance of Grace seems very adamant that we continue this way."

Blaidd looks down with a curious look, "You know, sometimes I wish I could see what you see but..." He extends his arm out, "Lead onward!"

You nod as you traverse the cloudy and snowy fields, there are scattered local militia every now and then that don't pose quite a threat to you anymore. You and Blaidd finally make your way through the path and into the Grand Lift of Rold. You look around and assess the surroundings, it's extremely similar to the Altus lift... Only snowy. Right as you are about to step forward, an old hand grabs you. You and Blaidd snap to your right to see a blind old woman who breathes heavily.

"You... please... I can read them... Your fingers, please... your fingers..."

She looks up at you despite having no eyes, her skin is tanned and wrinkled as she holds onto a weird cane with skulls. Her hands are calloused and old, matching the rest of her decaying body. You look at Blaidd who is just as weirded out as you are but you accept the woman's request, you're met with a ghastly gasp as her tone switches to a worried and shocked one.