Day 2: Hangover and Darrwil

"Ggrruugghhh"

You are awoken to a loud groan coming from the other tent. The sun has risen and it appears to be the crack of dawn, you can't tell what time it is but it's early. You put a shirt on and go check out the hungover Half-Wolf. You scratch gently on the tent flap.

"Heyyy... Is everything okay in there?"

"Uurrghhh... No... Yes..."

You gently open the tents flap to check on Blaidd. To my surprise, he's completely naked. He must've kicked his clothes off while sleeping, you let out a high pitched squeal and cover your eyes.

"I... Uh... Y-You know what, I'll go fetch some water for your head, I'll brew some tea."

As Blaidd gets dressed, you pour some drinking water into a pot and throw some Rowa Berries together as well as some herbal flowers. After some time, the tea is brewed and ready to be consumed by Blaidd. He walks out of his tent rubbing his head and plops down on the other side of the fire. You pour him a cup of tea and smile at him.

"Careful now, it's hot."

Blaidd does not heed your warning and quickly chugs the burning hot tea. Despite it's temperature, he doesn't seem to be affected at all. He leans over at exhales with satisfaction as steam pours out of his mouth like a dragon.

"Better?"

"Better."

You chuckle as you leave Blaidd alone with the pot of tea. You get ready and armored up for the day ahead of you, Kenneth Haight told you where Darriwil should be trapped in. His words echo through your mind as you summon Torrent and begin your journey with Blaidd to the southeastern point of Limgrave. It's a long journey with not a lot of conversation between you and Blaidd. That might be because of the hangover but he seems to be dealing with it well. We approach a Spiritspring that leads to the Evergaol, Blaidd wastes no time as he jumps for it. You watch in awe as you have never seen anything like it before, Torrent seems eager to jump however. You lean over and talk to him.

"You better know what you're doing..."

Torrent huffs as you slowly lead him to the Spiritspring before jumping. You're launched into the air for a couple seconds before slowly falling back down. You cling onto Torrent for dear life but you end up landing perfectly unharmed. Blaidd laughs at your clearly uncomfortable face.

"What? Not used to heights are you?"

You dismount Torrent shakily and walk over to Blaidd who stands in the middle of the Evergaol.

"Sh-Shut... Shut... Up..."

Blaidd snickers as he takes your hand.

"This is it, Darriwil resides in this Evergaol according to Kenneth Haight. Are you prepared to confront him or do you need a moment to prepare?"

You quickly shake off the feeling of nervousness as it's replaced with a feeling of determination. You turn to Blaidd and nod your head.

"Let's do this..."

With that, Blaidd leans down and touches the Evergaol's symbol. It glows a deep blue as you enter it. The surrounding area is entrapped in a shield that nothing can escape from. There's a long black mark in the floor as he draws his weapon and approaches it. When close enough, Darriwil finally exits his chamber.

"Darriwil... Rotting in a cell is no true justice for you..."

The two immediately lunge towards one another as their swords clash against each other. They push their weight into their swords while they lock eyes

"No, this is where it ends for you..."

The fight against Darriwil begins as you draw your sword and shield. You charge at Darriwil in preparation for a surprise attack but he notices, when you get close enough, he swiftly disappears with a gust of wind before appearing behind you. He kicks your back which causes you to stumble back with a groan. Blaidd takes this opportunity to retaliate the attack, Darriwil and Blaidd fight with one another which makes you feel like a bit of an inconvenience. Despite this, you rejoin the battle with more caution. The three of you fight to the bone with all your might, you don't know why Blaidd wishes to kill Darriwil but he does and you're helping like you promised. Blaidd maintains his aggressive attacks while you offer up support. After a long fought battle, Blaidd deals the final blow and Darriwil finally falls. The Evergaol is broken as it begins to fade away. You and Blaidd find yourselves back in The Lands Between in the middle of the now broken Evergaol. He looks down at you with a wide grin.

"Whew... Had to work for it, but it's done."

You nod with a smile before remembering something.

"Hey, what about my 'ample reward'?"

You raise an eyebrow with a cocky smile while you cross your arms. He gets a bit sheepish before laughing nervously.

"R-Right that you are, don't say I'm not a man of my word!"

He gives you a somber smithing stone. It's cold and ashy but it's still a prize.

"Now then, let us settle down for a minute and discuss the future of this journey."

You both sit down in the middle of the Evergaol while he begins to explain how this partnership will work.

"As stated before, Ranni would like you apart of the team. We shall venture forth into Liurnia and we should cross paths with a gentle giant named Iji. He'll give you a better run down of what to expect. Oh, it's not up to me if we continue our journey together. Ranni will assign you something to do, don't fret, there's always something that needs to be done."

He smiles at you after he finishes his explanation.

"You're not half bad, Y/N."

You can't help but feel a bit giddy inside as he compliments you. You blush gently at the compliment before responding softly.

"You're not all bad either..."