701 The Benefit of Wacky Inventions

"What's that?"

The disciple next to him rolled his eyes, feeling that this pair of disciples from the Yu She Sect was awfully chatty. Nobody had talked so much after coming here. At most, they'd inquire what was going on and then obediently stand in the corner, waiting for the seniors inside to deal with this matter. How come these two had one thing after another?

He clearly didn't want to care about him so Zhi Guan decided to go all out and crouched down beside Yun Bei Fen's body. Either way, this was an advantageous position to pick him up. In fact ... he leaned forward, getting ready to pick him up as soon as he got a chance.

Seeing him observe something from up close, the other disciple couldn't help but furrow his brows, wondering if this obnoxious guy next to him had indeed seen something important. If that was the case, he naturally couldn't let go of it and had to report to senior martial brother Song quickly!

Making up his mind, the disciple crouched down next to Zhi Guan and also looked over but he couldn't spot anything. His brows furrowed even more tightly and his gaze brushed over the body of the righteous disciple from top to bottom. Was there anything out of place? He still couldn't spot anything so he looked up at Zhi Guan. "What's the matter?"

Zhi Guan used his left hand to motion at Yun Bei Fen's spatial bag where a small clasp made of carved jade adorned the side. This had been created by Yan Hong Min and had given their small valley in the Teng Yong Sect quite the headache once. It didn't have anything wrong with it but it sure looked as if it did which was what had occupied their minds for so long. Now, it was just perfect to make this demonic practitioner worry about it for a moment. "Doesn't that look odd?"

The disciple leaned closer to observe the bag and the clasp thoroughly.

Meanwhile, Zhi Guan pulled out the paper talisman, waited for the disciple to lean down as far as he wanted to, and then slapped it down on his arm. The person froze but this effect would only last for a few seconds at most. The only benefit was that it was easy to disguise.

He quickly took out the blue jade orb but kept it in his hand. He had to throw it and the powder it turned into would be highly noticeable. Plus, he had to make sure that he didn't accidentally get it on himself so being so close wasn't a good idea.

"No, I mean that clasp." He spoke up again as if he believed the other simply couldn't see what he meant and then raised his head to one of the disciples opposite who were now also looking over. "What do you think? Doesn't it look like an array or something? I just think it's really weird but our Yu She Sect doesn't deal much with arrays."

The disciple from the Wu Yun Sect certainly would have gritted his teeth if he could have but his body was still frozen. He hadn't realized what had happened but after sensing carefully, he could at least sense the talisman attached to his sleeve. Naturally, he realized what this meant: Not just senior martial brother Mu, this fucker from the Yu She Sect was also a traitor! No wonder he and that woman from before had been talking so much. They had probably been planning this all along ...

No matter how he raged inside, he couldn't stop what was happening and had to helplessly watch out of the corner of his eye as one of the disciples opposite them was deceived and came over as well, crouching down in front.

As soon as he did, Zhi Guan threw the blue jade orb at them, making it burst into powder that settled on both of them partly. He pursed his lips behind the veil, feeling that this could at best be counted as an average outcome. With the powder being divided in two, it wouldn't have the full effect and would wear off sooner. Well, but at least he had taken out two and with them crowding around, the others hadn't seen his small actions.

He carefully grabbed Yun Bei Fen around the waist and pulled him closer, making sure not to touch the bit of powder that had fallen to the ground. Then, he took out what he had once thought of as Yan Hong Min's most useless invention: the portable sand pouch.

He carefully opened the lid but held it in place. Then, he got up and threw Yun Bei Fen over his shoulder.

The other disciples finally noticed that something was strange and came closer, some of them furrowing their brows while the rest looked puzzled.

"What's going on?"

Zhi Guan turned to the ones that were standing further away from the entrance to the hall. "There is something odd about this disciple." He didn't explain more and waited for them to come closer. As soon as they did ... he jumped past one of them, whirled around, and pulled back the lid he had been holding in place.

A wagonload of sand poured out of the small bamboo tube, spreading all over the ground. It unfortunately undid the work of the blue jade orb but that one had already done its part. Without missing a beat, Zhi Guan turned the tube in his hand, opened the other side to add another sand slide, and finally exchanged the now empty tube for another one of Yan Hong Min's eccentric inventions while he jumped out of the sand's range. With one wave of the sword ... a mighty gale of wind blew, causing the corridor to be filled with what might as well have been a sandstorm.

At the same time, Zhi Guan turned and ran with his little junior as fast as he could, even going so far as to slap a talisman on his own body to have another gust of wind blow from behind.