661 Tweaking an Unfeasible Idea

Elder Baili had some regrets but he couldn't change it. The people most likely to carry some of Yan Hong Min's inventions around were now all outside. The only two who could travel to the Teng Yong Sect at the drop of a hat to get more from him were among them as well and he had no way to reach them to ask them to go back.

He sighed deeply, not sure where to go from here. "I don't know how any of those things are done. I suppose we could try to ask Ah Lin when he comes back. Maybe he remembers something." Of course, what he actually meant was that he could send Luo Lin and Shen Lei to the Teng Yong Sect to get whatever Yan Hong Min had but he couldn't say that. He had managed to keep Luo Lin's ability mostly hidden for now and he didn't intend to change anything about that. Yes, even if the ability in general was exposed, the details shouldn't be or Luo Lin would never have a normal life again.

Xi Ju Hai immediately shook her head when she heard Baili Chao's words though. "With all due respect, Elder Baili, I doubt we'll have the time to wait for your third disciple's return. If Ah Qing's information is correct, then the plan of the demonic faction will be implemented in three days. If we want to disrupt it, we'll need to attack at least a day in advance which will merely give us two days. That should not be enough for him to travel to the other sects' camps, inform them, and come back in time."

Elder Xing inclined his head. "Even if it is ... would his remembering something even help us? The border region is so barren, it's almost impossible to find resources here. Especially now that your youngest disciple's spiritual beast is gone along with him. In such circumstances, would we still have the necessary materials to make whatever he came up with? I seriously doubt that. We could hardly come up with enough potions when Mei Chao Bing asked."

Baili Chao could only smile wryly. That was indeed a problem and one he couldn't explain away without talking about Luo Lin's ability. "You might be right. I simply thought the idea was too good to pass up. If we don't have to fight, that would be for the best. Although then again, the demonic practitioners should already be pre-warned that we might use something like that so maybe it isn't a good idea anyway."

The other two kept silent, pondering by themselves. It was true that this was a good idea but the circumstances weren't favorable to them implementing it no matter how you looked at it. If they couldn't find another option ...

Xi Ju Hai faintly pursed her lips. "When I went there, senior martial brother Zhi mentioned that he partly wasn't recognized because he managed to get everyone to wear a veil to guard against this kind of sneak attack. This does mean that they are indeed expecting it and won't fall for it.

"It also means that this is an airborne powder that can work by simply being smelled. We can't use something like that anymore but maybe something similar could work. For example, what if they were to ingest something with a similar effect? We don't necessarily need them to stay asleep for long and by dissolving whatever resource we can find in water, it could probably stretch farther."

Baili Chao also turned thoughtful. "The idea isn't bad but how to get all of them to drink it?"

Xi Ju Hai didn't even need to think about that this time. "I could go back and hand it over to junior martial sister Liu. Then, she could team up with Ah Qing to organize things inside. If it was done on the eve of the day they plan to attack, they could call it an encouragement or early celebration of dealing with the righteous faction. I am sure that could work."

Elder Xing nodded. "It does sound feasible. The only missing piece would be the resource that can actually achieve this."

Baili Chao narrowed his eyes. "I still feel that maybe my Ah Lin could help with this. Anyway, the disciples needed so long to reach the other camps the last time because they were traveling on the very outskirts of the border region. With how pressing time is, I don't think Ah Lin and Ah Lei would do that. They should have cut straight through the border region to get to the camps as fast as possible. If this is the case, they might make it back in time."

Elder Xing nodded. "That is indeed possible. We should come up with an alternative though, just in case. Whatever your disciple might carry would likely be better but if we can find a somewhat reliable way ahead of that, I'd feel much calmer."

Elder Baili could only hum. "I am not very familiar with these things though. There should be someone among the disciples though. Or we could also ask Mei Chao Bing's spiritual beast." Da Hei had stayed here and he seemed to be pretty knowledgeable. Maybe he would indeed have an idea.

Xi Ju Hai thought of the other disciples and her expression brightened a little. "Junior martial sister Tan has studied alchemy so she might know something. Whether we can find whatever she can think of without junior martial brother Yun's spiritual beast though ..." She couldn't say that and, in fact, she had to admit that it was doubtful. At the very least, right now, they could only hope so.

Baili Chao got to his feet. "Well, there is only one way to find out. I'll call her over and ask Da Hei and Song Mu to come back here as well. Maybe they can think of something else that we've overlooked."

The other two nodded and watched as Elder Baili left. Now, they really could only hope that there would soon be good news or all of them were truly doomed.