12.comfort

Author's pov

After a while ruhani slowly tried to open her eyes to investigate her surroundings but her eyes stayed heavy not helping her to take a look around.

"A-Amal"
She said more like in whisper , but as Amal was sitting close to her he was able to notice all of her movements followed by her voice which just called out his name.

He looked at her caressing her hand drawing invisible circles on it , looking at her with care, love, deep affection and various of mixed feelings his eyes showed that were not much possible for anyone to read.

"Ruhi aap uth gayi"
(Ruhi you woke up)

He asked still caressing her hand , her eyes finally helped her to look around she opened them up but her vision was still a bit of blurry she recognised a face being so close to her , her breath hitched but calmed as soon as she noticed who the person was. She looked at him with an expressionless face.

Meanwhile he smiled at her and tried to stand to bring water for her but she clutched on his shirt causing him to look back at her. He sat down near her again holding her hand.

"Kaha ja rhe h-hai aap?"
(Where are you going)

She asked looking directly in his eyes,
"To bring some food and water for you"

He said in his most comforting voice that instantly made her feel some sort of comfort and calm to her.

"No need I already brought her something to eat"
Gayatri said walking in the room.

She had brought lots of stuffs for ruhani to eat , she squealed in happiness and quickly got up from her laying position.

"Be careful ruhi"
He said holding her arm so she could adjust on the bed comfortably, he took out a bed table from the cabinet and placed it infront of ruhani.

Her mother in law placed the dishes infront of her.

She started to eat like a kid giving everyone the hint that she was hungry.

"Thankyou mumma"
She said while munching on the gajar ka halwa she made , Amal already had informed her that she likes it.

Gayatri felt her heart warming when she called her mumma, she always wanted a girl but her in laws were too strict for her that they forced the couple to give them only male child and they won't accept any female baby.

Although Shivani also treated her like her own mother but she used to live with her only for 4 to 5 days , She had requested her parents to let her stay for more days because she wanted to meet ruhani. They don't live here as they are settled in Amritsar and visits the royal palace mostly in vacations or when it's necessary.

Ruhani noticed the look on gayatri's face she felt guilty as if she had said something wrong.

"Maine kuch galat bol diya mai aapko mumma nhi bula sakti"
(I said something wrong?.. can't I call you Mumma?)

She asked looking at her cutely meanwhile Gayatri just smiled and took place on the bed near her caressing her head she said

"Bilkul bula sakti ho tum meri beti ho toh mai bhi toh tumhari maa jaisi hu
Mujhe bhot acha lagega"
(Of course you can, you are just like my daughter so I am also like your mom right, I'll really love it)

Ruhani smiled in happiness, Amal was looking at both of them thinking how she got so well in bonding with his family.

"Bas mumma ab aur nhi khaungi"
(That's it mom I won't eat more now)

"But you just ate one bowl of halwa"
Amal said showing concern for her

"Oho mr aam mera pet chotu sa hai bhar Gaya Mera pet"
(Mr aam my stomach has small space now it got filled)