20. first

Ruhani's POV

"Aap jaye mai kar dungi"
(You leave I'll handle it)

"Pakka na betiya?"
(You are sure)

"Haa chachi"

I said and smiled, she left I looked up at the shelf of the kitchen which I have to clean right now chachi had only told me to help her putting some boxes and jars in these lower cabinets but when I noticed these shelfs were dusty my inner cleaner woke up wanting to clean ever inch of it.

Chachi told me not to do it because it's a little high and that some other servant will do it but everyone is still busy in the arrangements and I am doing nothing just roaming here and there like a ghost so I thought of cleaning it myself it's just the matter of 5 minutes yeah so here I am standing looking at the shelf after consoling her.

I took the stool which was present in the kitchen itself most usable thing unlike me, ruhani you cannot be this clumsy that you'll fall look at the damn stool it's wide and enough to fit your legs so just stand on it and don't cause lots of movement that would instantly result in the meet of your body to this hard floor.

He bhagwan ji thodi si aur lambi height de dete uf
(Oh god you could have given a little more height to me)

I carefully and slowly stood up on the stool okay first step done now main task cleaning I raised up my hand to clean it with the cloth that I was holding trying my best not to create any mess because I DON'T WANT TO FALL.

Okay okay just one more side and then we'll be done I mentally smiled seeing my coming success, finally my dumb brain is working a little.

Then suddenly all the stuff Nani had said to me recalled in my mind should I ask her about it?
Why did she said that she was the closest person to Amal does that mean she is not now? But why what's the reason and mr aam if he has a cold and rude personality why does he behaves so sweet and caring with me that not gonna lie but it makes me fall for him more does he really love me? But what's so special about me?!

"Ruhi"

I heard a voice my body flinched at the sudden sound making me startle the stool kind of vibrated scaring the shit out of me before I could position myself back I saw myself already falling my dumb mind was too late to respond in this situation telling me to close my eyes and I did so.

Author's pov

Amal was the one who had called out her name because he noticed her standing on the stool holding a cloth and lost somewhere seeing the stool moving he quickly sprinted towards her and catched her waist with his one hand on time but his leg slipped causing them both to fall on the hard floor and in the next second he was laying on the floor with her on top of him still with closed eyes he holded her waist tightly, the stool falled down on his other hand making him groan a little on the sudden pain but that wasn't important for him he tilted his head so that he can get a little clear view of her making sure she is okay.

"Ruhi"

He said in a low deep voice startling her again she opened her eyes slowly taking a look at him who was looking at her.

"A-Amal"

"Aap thik hai jaan?"
(Are you okay love?)

He asked but instead of getting a response she looked at him her gaze went to his left hand on which the stool was still resting her eyes got wide quickly getting up and out of his hold causing him to also get up she moved the stool aside holding his muscular hand with her little palms a little brownish mark had appeared on his hand a wave of guilt flowed inside her body.