Detention?! But I was...Damnit

Mayu's almost a ninja, that's something. Go her, on her way to killing things.

~~~~~~

Shikamaru blushed and turned away. Is he ignoring me...?

"Hey. Shikamaru." Without looking towards me, he slumped forward in his seat and waved me away.

"Sh."

"Class hasn't started yet though!" I felt my eye twitch as he once again shushed me and proceeded to 'sleep'. We were having a decent conversation, too! It started off with the practice of genjutsu, which led to kunai movements and then eventually landed on the topic of bondage. He started to get all wimpy and wanted to avoid the whole topic. Children, am I right?

I mean...He didn't know what bondage was so I had to explain it to him. I might as well add some information to that already big brain of his. Now he's ignoring me. Humph.

I would've attempted to get his attention but it's already lunch, and knowing him, he's going to try to get as far away from me as possible.

~~~~~

For once, Naruto wasn't sitting with me and Sasuke at lunch. Which was pretty interesting but he said he was going to hang out with Shikamaru and Choji today. It's just a surprise since he rarely joins them with anything. It's usually just us three. Naruto's branching out and making new friends. Good he deserves them. I feel like a proud mother watching her baby.

....

Scratch that.

....

"What do you mean he's not here?" I narrowed my eyes at Kiba. He shrugged and rubbed his shoulder, not meeting my eyes, trying to scoot away from Sasuke, who stood beside me giving him a heated glare.

I rolled my eyes, I'm not getting anywhere with him. I punch him just once and now he won't look me in the eye anymore.

"I'll be back," I grumbled to Sasuke. He shrugged and headed off towards his seat, glaring at his fan girls who were slowly inching their way towards him. I ignored Kiba's sigh of relief as I turned on my heel, on the prowl for a mischievous blonde.

You got to be kidding me. This kid decided to skip class, if I didn't know Shikamaru and Choji personally, I would say they were a bad influence, and knowing Shikamaru, he couldn't handle being in the classroom with the kids freaking out about the graduation test happening soon.

 Or he was just trying to avoid me.

I was going to hound him about our conversation we were having earlier until lunch happened, I was on my way to bugging him when I found out he ditched school along with a food loving boy and an idiotic blonde that I currently wanted to strangle.

It would be pretty easy to find them, I know a few of Shikamaru's cloud watching spots, so I started checking them out. 

They were located in some pretty nice places, a few by some training grounds but most of them were small clearings, always with a tree nearby so he could take a nap in the shade.

When I ever entered the backyard to train, I most often found Shikamaru laying under the only tree we had, single but made up in size, sleeping away.

I didn't think we were that close, we had our fair share of play dates, including Ino, since our parents were friends, but other than that, I didn't speak to him a lot. 

I had to stop the play dates and focus more on training, since then Shikamaru started appearing in my backyard. 

I'm not sure if we're close friends but I do enjoy his company. I usually sat there in a comfortable silence as I studied next to his sleeping form.