Boys Are So Difficult

I was going to do time skip but I need to show Sasuke's birthday and various thingsT^T. And then after this no more birthdays!! But definitely Naruto's and Itachi's :D.

The most hardest thing typing this was trying to figure out what to get Sasuke.

You guys probably don't read this...Why am I even trying ? T^T

~~~~~

Seeing my mom's mouth moving, I nodded to whatever she said and continued on reading the scroll. Dad tested me to find out what my element is and I ended up with a water nature type. They said it wasn't surprising because they were originally from the Mist and are usually water types and mom was a wind type.

Seeing a hand obstruct my vision I blinked up at mom as she snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"I figured you weren't paying attention when I had to ask the same question three times." She stared at me bemusedly.

I blushed in embarrassment but ignored her and pointed my finger at a word.

"What is this word?" She leaned over.

"Capacity." I nodded in thanks and marked the word in english.

 I put my scroll down. I turned to her and waited for the question again.

"What are you going to get Sasuke for his birthday?" I winced. I was never good with presents for people. I always felt pressured and my mind had to many what-ifs about the gift. I just plain sucked at being social so I barely know people's preferences on things. 

"I don't know....A candle?" Candles always worked...

She let out a chuckle, "Honey, I don't think he would like a candle. Maybe if he was 40, other than that you need to get him a kid gift." 

I shrugged and went back to my scroll. I'd probably think about it later. Draw him a birthday card or something.

"No no no!" She snatched my scroll, I let out a sound of protest but stopped at her look. She grabbed my arm and started to drag me to the door.

"We're going to go look for a gift for Sasuke." I sighed as she waited impatiently for me to put my sandals on. I took my time deliberately, she looked like she was about to either put my shoes on for me or just force me to walk barefoot. My mom is just that cruel.

~~~~

"See anything he might like?"

I shook my head while eyeing the vendor stalls we passed. This would've been so much easier if he was a girl. I could've just got him a necklace or some perfume. But sadly this wasn't the case. Boys are so difficult. I wonder what he would look like as a girl? Maybe I can bribe him to crossdress? That would be amusing. He'd make a pretty girl.

"Can't I just get him some kunai or shuriken?" I asked irritated. I'm sure he'd like that. I doubt they have boy things here like comic books and action figures of Superman.

"But those are so easy to get! You have to get him something he would remember, something special!" My mom is such a sap.

"I'll cut out my own heart and give it to him. There's something he can't get in a store." My mom gave me a long stare and shook her head.

"You're so violent, Mayu-chan." 

I threw my hands up in frustration.

"Mayu, you have to get him something now. His birthday is tomorrow." I'm sure at last minute I could pull something outta my ass.

I couldn't say that out loud though. Mom would have my head if she heard me using "foul language". If it did slip out, I could just blame dad. I'm sure he won't mind.

"I don't know what to get him..." I frowned. Maybe I can make something? THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!

I can't get him a card because mom would be on my ass the whole time.

"Oh look Mayu-chan! These would be perfect!" Before I could say anything, mom grabbed my arm and steered me towards this little shop.

Opening the door, it gave a little jingle as the bell was shaken. My mom peered around the shop in interest but seemed confused. I glanced at the old women who was staring at us intently behind the counter. Looking at the shelves, I noticed that they were filled with objects that I've seen before. Gold and silver fob watches, snow globes, I even saw Newton's clacker balls.

By the way mom was reacting, she's never seen these before. These things were from my world...

I watched the old lady suspiciously. Who is she?

"What are all these things?" My mom stood in front of the counter, bent over and looking at all the knick knacks in the glass case.

"These are from from my home country. I travel a lot and collect them." She smiled and brought out a snow globe, in the inside it was literally snowing inside.

"What kind of jutsu is this? Do you put genjutsus on them?" I shuffled up behind mom and peeked behind her at the lady. 

"No jutsus." She said a little bit smug. I rolled my eyes, I would question her right now and try to figure out who she is but mom is here.

"Look Mayu! Wouldn't this be nice for Sasuke?" I pursed my lips and shrugged.

"Oh you're useless! Do you have any more of these miss...?" The old lady gave a smile and pointed towards the shelf behind us.

"My name is Jikan." I stared at her for a second while mom went to look at more globes. She turned to me, eyed me up and down, then smiled.

Staring contest? Bring it on. We stared for about a minute until my mom's voice yelled my name.

No. I will not look away! I will not give her the satisfaction!

"Mayu-chan! Look!!" I sighed and broke contact. I grimaced at her satisfied smirk and turned to see what my mom was jabbering about.

"Isn't it so pretty!" I leaned down to see her holding a globe with multiple colours mixed together. Green and purple little streaks of light slowly rotating around the middle.

I nodded in approval. Cool.

"Wouldn't Sasuke love it?" I nodded and grabbed it when she offered it to me.

"How much, Jikan-san?" She glanced at me and smiled.

"300 yen." I eyed her suspiciously. Why so cheap?

"Wow! Why is it so cheap?" You're not supposed to ask!!! Think, don't ask! What if she changes her mind?! I shot my mom a desperate look to make her be quiet but she never noticed.

"Oh these little things! They're are old, these things are pretty useless." 

"Thank you! Let's go Mayu-chan!" I nodded and followed after mom with the gift in my hands. Once we exited the shop I turned back and peered through the glass to see Jikan smiling at me secretly. I glanced around town and memorized what street this was so I can come back. She knows of my world and can give me answers.

~~~~~

WHELP. This chapter is done.