Back to Normal...Sorta

I'm such a story whore. If you would look at my stories waiting to be published, you'd be like "Dayuuuuuuum". I just published another Naruto story too, if you want to check that out. The gist is, it's about Itachi's little sister.

Aaaand here's the chapter for this month!

~~~~~~~

It was pretty shocking, a lot of people lost hope in him since he's been asleep for months but he surprised everyone with his sudden awakening. He was hounded by visitors, close people and random civilians, which ended up with the nurses blocking out everyone and making a list for the people that were allowed to visit him. Luckily, my name was on it, so I continued to visit him everyday.

We've finally gotten him to eat, after almost a whole month of refusing food, he's been eating soups for the most part since we didn't want to upset his stomach but it was a start.

When he got to the go ahead to eat solids, I started bringing in some food for him. Mom helped me chop up some fruit and I placed them into a pretty basket, all wrapped up. Even if Sasuke never noticed what the basket looked like, it was nice to put some effort into it for him.

Sasuke doesn't eat anything unless you place it in front of him so I added a little bit of everything on a paper plate and placed it in his lap. 

He doesn't touch it for a while but eventually he snaps out of whatever he's drifting off about and starts eating. It's like this everyday. 

When I heard his voice, I almost started jumping in joy.

His voice was hoarse with the little usage but it made me happy hearing it, hearing him say my name in months gave me a sense of familiarity. 

I automatically reached over to pour some water into the little styrofoam cup and handed it to him. He stared at my hand and trailed his eyes over the cup. Sasuke reached up and grabbed the cup, I frowned at his loose grip and grabbed his other hand and placed it around the cup. I slid my fingers out and wrapped them around his hands, squeezing it so he would have a better grip.

I guided the cup up to his mouth and watched as his chapped lips let the water pass into his mouth.

He couldn't keep up with the downpour of water so I pulled away the cup, watching him catch his breath.

He sighed in relief and laid back down. I stood there, holding the cup, not knowing what to do. I placed the cup back on the side table and sat down, staring at my lap.

~~~~~

Everyday, he says something more. I haven't told Naruto that he's started talking. I know that if I were to tell him, Naruto would hound him and Sasuke would close in on himself again.

I needed Sasuke to be more comfortable and then bring in Naruto.

I felt horrible keeping this from him but it had to be done. 

I continue on with telling him what happens at school and ask him when he thinks he'll return. He never answers, but I know he's listening. When I mention my parents, his hand twitches. I'm not sure if that's good or bad but I avoid the subject entirely and continue talking about Naruto and Iruka. 

I talked to his nurse and she tells me that once he gets more grounded, mentally, then he'll be discharged. 

He's missed so much. I told him that he would have to make up a lot of homework and study for a lot of tests. I told him jokingly that I won't tell him the answers.

That got a little smile out of him.

~~~~~~

Today was it, I told Sasuke I would come drop by his apartment so we can walk together to class.

Which would of course mean bringing Naruto with me, since we always walk together. Naruto was still bitter towards Sasuke. 

He's happy for him to start talking, so I'm not sure what he wants. He and Sasuke don't interact since Sasuke still rarely talks but I'm sure if Sasuke were to say something to Naruto, the little blonde would give him a short answer.

I had to wait a few minutes before Sasuke opened the door, it took a few knocks and awkward shuffling on the welcome mat.

Naruto was glaring at the door knob and turned away with his nose up in the air when the door finally opened to reveal Sasuke, bag in hand.

I smiled at Sasuke, "You ready?"

He gave a short nod and I turned on my heel, heading down stairs, occasionally peering over my shoulder to make sure Sasuke was following.

He was, a little behind. I think Naruto's frown was making him shaky. 

Before we entered the classroom, I gave Naruto a glare and shook my head slightly.

He frowned harder before loosening up and furrowing his brow at the ground.

Good. I don't want him shooting looks at Sasuke, who was just recovering. I want him to feel welcome.

Sliding the door open, I grimaced at the squeals.

Girls were rushing towards us. I frowned and moved to the side, blocking Sasuke from their view. They halted before they could crash into me, most of them shooting me heated looks.

Tch. Fangirls.

"Leave him alone."

"You've had Sasuke-kun all to yourself! Let us spend time with him!" I rolled my eyes at the screech that came from this little brunette in the front, obviously a civilian. 

I spot a flash of blonde. In the crowd is Yamanaka Ino. She makes eye contact with me and I shake my head slightly. She grimaces and nods.

Even she knows to leave Sasuke alone. All the clan's people have heard about the Uchihas, even the civilians but ninjas knew to keep their distance. Civilians are such a pain.

"Leave Sasuke-kun be! He just got out of the hospital, I'm sure he just wants to be with his sister!" Thank Kami for Ino.

A sudden heat shot through my heart and I glanced behind me, waiting to see if Sasuke denied anything about me being called his sister.

Sasuke was staring at me, waiting for me to say something. 

Nothing. I felt fondness creep towards him. It's nice being called his sister, even though technically I never will be. I think of him as my little brother, and I hope he thinks of me as his sister.

I could see the pain in his eyes, obviously from being around his fangirls. I smiled at him and jerked my head towards the front table. He nodded and grabbed Naruto by his shirt, who started squawking as he was pulled away from the door way. Sasuke was eager to get away from these annoying girls.

~~~~~~~

Bahh. I'll be moving to Tennessee in a few weeks and my grandpa decided to invite my mom to come with us. Thing is, I fucking hate my mom. I mean she hasn't done anything to me but she does a lot of shit that makes my grandma sad and I hate her for that. I don't give a shit that's she's my mom but she keeps coming into our house, bringing men, and dropping her trash here.

I only call her mom because I don't want to be confronted by her. She lost the privilege of being my mom when she gave me up when I was a baby.

Sorry for ranting. As I was typing up this story, she decided to invade my grandparents' room even though I told her not to. I'm too lazy to text my friend so I'll just do it here.

Woo. Ranting to people who don't give a shit about my personal life.