Ramen

Hm, I noticed that Hachiro looks like Orochimaru...Not really..

ENJOY!

~~~~~~

"See this leaf? I want you to focus your chakra into it." He handed me the leaf, and I stared at it as it sat unmoving in my palm. How was I supposed to do that? Do I stare at it really hard in hope it will do something?

I stared at my dad blankly, who looked at me expectantly. I sighed and stared at the leaf in concentration. I tried to imagine some sort of energy flow into it, which was harder than it sounded.

It made my brain hurt with all the pressure.

It twitched. Shee-it. I reached up and rubbed at my temple. Stupid leaf, giving me headaches...

I glared at the leaf and smirked when it split in half. My glare worked! 

My grin fell when dad replaced the leaf with a new one. B-But...

"Again. You will keep practicing until you master it. Also, try to make it float this time instead of torturing the poor leaf." I scowled as my dad hid his smile behind his hand. Let's see him try to do this..he probably could...

~~~~~

With all that chakra usage and non-stop practicing, I was drained of energy.

I laid on my back trying to catch my breath. It took a lot of effort to look at my dad. He kneeled next to me and smiled cheerfully as if I wasn't about to die of exhaustion.

"Want to go get some lunch?" Hearing that we were going to go get some food perked me up and I raised my arms signaling for him to pick me up. He pulled me up onto his back and I felt my cheeks go red when I remembered when I was on Itachi's back.

"What do you want?" Not really knowing a lot of food in the Japanese culture, I went with what I usually ate back in my other world. 

"...Ramen?" 

He smiled brightly and sped off.

~~~~~

We headed into a little shop with stools. Dad sat on the right edge and I sat next to him with three empty seats to the left.

"Hachiro! Your usual?" An old man with an apron and graying hair waved his cloth.

"Ah! Teuchi-san! The same for me and Mayu-chan!"

"Two miso ramen coming up! Ayame, be a dear and clean some bowls?" I peeked over the counter to see a dark brown haired girl only a few years older than me with a small blush nodded and hurried to a back room. I heard the sink turn on and turned to the man called Teuchi. Ayame looked too young to be his daughter...Granddaughter maybe?

"Is she your daughter, Teuchi-san?" Teuchi looked over his shoulder, not even stopping his chopping of vegetables.

"Yes, isn't she cute?" I grinned and nodded. Daughter...Oops.

"She's pretty! How old is she?"

I could see how much he loved her and how proud he was.

"She turned 10 in February! My little girl, growing up!" I smiled and listened to his stories of Ayame when she was younger.

Eventually he finished our Miso ramen which took about 10 minutes, which irked me a little bit. Just smelling all that goodness made me want to stab something with impatience. When he placed the bowl in front of me I was almost ready to attack it.

I paused.

"Um...Teuchi-san? Do you have an lemons?"

He looked at me surprised but reached under the counter and pulled out a tall bottle of lemon juice. I stared in awe of the bottle. Of lordy....

"Thank you!"

I quickly grabbed the bottle and started pouring a lot of lemon in the soup. Dad chuckled beside me.

"Mayu-chan loves lemon on almost anything. So be careful if she ever offers you any soup, it will most likely be doused in lemon." I pouted at what dad said but ignored him and began slurping all the noodles first with my chopsticks. The best part of ramen is the juices in the end. They taste so good!

I finished and sat there for a minute waiting for dad to finish, who was taking his sweet time while speaking with Teuchi. I sat there and looked around the shop, just trying to keep myself entertained. Maybe I can still take on photography. 

I glanced behind me as I saw a flash of yellow. I saw a little boys face peek behind the doorway. I raised an eyebrow at the small bruises on him and bandages. I smiled at the boy who quickly hid. Hmm, maybe he's shy?

I don't know. In my world, I was never good with kids. Maybe it'll be easier since I have this body now? I looked behind to see him unabashedly staring at me. I smiled and patted the stool next to me. He looked shocked but hesitantly shuffled close to us. He pulled himself up on the stool and stared down at his lap.

I looked to my dad when I heard them become quiet. They stared, one shocked and the other in fear. I became confused. Why was Teuchi-san afraid of some kid? Since he has a lot of bruises maybe he's some delinquent? But he seems so shy.

"Dad, my friend..."

"....N-Naruto." He told me when I glanced towards him.

"....Naruto...can you buy him some ramen? Please?"

He snapped out of his trance and smiled. He ruffled my hair. "Sure Mayu-chan. Anything for your friend." He looked at me with pride which made me confused. He looked like he knew Naruto, but I didn't mention anything.

I looked back at Teuchi and ordered two more Miso, one for me and the other for Naruto. Teuchi smiled but now it looked forced. 

"Ayame! Can you bring me a bowl?" Ayame came rushing from the back and eagerly handed her father a bowl. He smiled in thanks and poured some soup into it. He placed them down in front of Naruto and a set of chopsticks. As I squirted some lemon into my soup, I watched as Naruto hesitantly broke his chopsticks and quietly slurped his noodles. I grinned as his face seemed to brighten and he began stuffing his mouth. I turned away and started eating my noodles. I'll never get tired of Ramen.

"So Naruto, you in the Academy yet?" He paused in his eating.

"Uh...No. But Jiji said he's going to enroll me into it next year!" I grinned.

"Me too!"

My dad put his own input, "Well, at least you'll have a friend in school now, Mayu-chan." I nodded and slurped the juices from my spoon. Mmmm, the holy taste of Miso and lemon.

I wanted to get another bowl but my stomach wouldn't allow it. I regrettably sat there with Naruto as dad was STILL finishing up his first bowl. 

While dad was eating, me and Naruto sat there just talking about being ninjas. Eventually he lost his shy persona and took a really bright disposition. He was really loud and cheerful, he reminds me of sunshine. Maybe I can introduce him to Sasuke and Itachi.

He could throw some happiness into their emo lives.