Double Trouble

Ayyyyyy~ Yeah... I auditioned for a play and got understudy which sort of bummed me out because I have to memorize lines when I'm not going to be in it. Bahhh. So that's taking up all my time.

~~~~~~~

I threw my head back and groaned. My left arm was not in my control at the moment. Being dragged through the streets by a blur of black and orange is not what I had planned today. I wanted to just sit and relax for a few hours, maybe read up on some scrolls. Today is the day off where I planned to live in leisure. But no. A little ray of sunshine had to break into my house and drag me out on our DAY OFF.

Sunday, the only day of the week we didn't have to go to the ninja academy. It would've been Saturday but apparently things work differently here. No rest for future ninja.

That's how the village is going to be taken down, because the ninja would be too tired to fight. I should really send in a statement to the Hokage telling him to give us more breaks. Even though I'm not a ninja yet, I'm sure the jōnin would appreciate the thought I put into their lives.

I sneezed. Damn dust everywhere! I winced as my eye began to water. I shut it quickly. My arm hurts, I'm tired, and now I'm temporarily blind in my right eye. Why does life hate me!

"Naruto! Where are we going?" I whined. Silence.

"My eye hurts." I added as an afterthought. Might as well make him pity me.

My complaints were met with a grin as he smiled cheekily over his shoulder and our speed began to pick up. This is the Fast and Furious all over again!

~~~~~

"How 'bout the ramen?"

Naruto's head whipped back. I winced at the loud crack but Naruto didn't seem to notice.

"What?! Are you crazy? I would never do that to my precious ramen!" Naruto looked as if he was going to cry, his blue eyes shining with tears.

"It was just a suggestion! No need to go through with it." I attempted to calm him down which eventually started working. He rubbed his nose with a few sniffles. This boy and his ramen. He wanted to use a product here for his prank and I gave him one. Stingy.

I managed to get my sight back. It took a lot of time and water but I managed to clear my eye. Now I just look like I have pink eye. Probably going to freak Sasuke out later and say I'm contagious. He's already cautious with touching me because of my "girl cooties", might as well make it worse with some humor.

I tilted my head in thought and shrugged.

"Just pull his pants down."

"Boring." I frowned at his dismissive comment, well at least Sasuke likes my ideas.

I rolled my eyes and leaned against the barrel of apples. Naruto dragged me all the way to this store to get some revenge on the owner. They kicked him out last week and smacked him with a broom, so of course that meant that the owner was going to get a face full of pranks.

I watched as Naruto was examining everything on the shelves with determination. I sighed, if only he put this much energy into studying. Sasuke was already the top of our year and Naruto was somewhere below the middle. Sooner or later I think he's going to get kicked out if he doesn't get his grades up. Or maybe not, the Nara heir is dead last...But I think he won't get reprimanded because everyone knows the Naras are geniuses. Something Naruto is not.

I think it's time to start our "play dates" again. And when Naruto comes to "play" he's going to get a shock when I force him into a chair and make him recite all of the options to take for an infiltration mission. Something I know he hates. As my father likes to say, desperate times call for rigorous torture sessions.