SURPRISE!

HEY! A new chapter~ I know a lot of people who were looking forward to this chapter. So here it is!

~~~~~~

Why is so damn dark in here!? Who was the idiot that turned off all the lights. I frowned and slid my hands on the wall, being careful of the picture frames. Where was the kitchen? I mentally face-palmed at my stupidness and felt for the door that was supposed to be on the right. 

I walked into the kitchen and stopped short as I felt my toe bump into the table's leg. I froze as the pain registered.

WHAT THE HELL!

I brought my foot up and started to rub my toe. Why does this happen to me? I set my foot down slowly after my continuously rubbing and winced at the slight pain.

Stupid chairs.

They're out to get me, I swear. 

I sighed and started to fumble for the light switch.

I think I bumped into at least 7 different objects.

I slowly raised my hands but bumped into something soft and warm. Since when did we have a dog? Wait, this is too tall to be a dog. I placed my hands on it and roughly squeezed it.

"SURPRISE!" I squeaked and blinked rapidly at the sudden light.

"What the fu-mmmmmm." I stopped myself short as I spotted my mom as she raised her eyebrows in shock. 

The yelling and bright lights shocked me and I almost let out a curse.

"What did you just say young lady?"

My automatic response was, and I kid you not. 

"I heard daddy say it."

"Hachiro! Did you use that language in front of our dear Mayu-chan!?"

I hid my smirk as dad attempted to cover himself in case mother got violent.

"I didn't know she heard me!"

"IN FRONT OF OUR LITTLE MAYU!"

"No! It was on acci- AGH! Sweetie!" 

I gave my dad some sympathy when I spotted mom taking out her senbon with an evil glint in her eye.

A squeal from Mikoto interrupted the couple's banter. Mom paused and hurriedly put away her senbon.

"So cute, they look so adorable together!" I turned to Mikoto and gave her a confused stare.

Mother quickly let go of dad's hair and smoothed down her dress of imaginary wrinkles and looked at me with a bemused stare.

Why is everyone staring at me. I turned my head around and stared down at my arms that were clutching the fabric I felt in the dark. I looked up to see Sasuke stiff as a board with bright red cheeks. I pulled my hands away quickly and looked away casually. Woops, can't keep my hands to myself it seems.

Turns out I was groping Sasuke's stomach in the dark and to everyone else it looked like I was cuddling him.

"Aww!"

I grimaced at the high pitched squeals that came from our mothers.

"She's too young to date, Mina-chan!"

"Shut it Hachiro! I'm still mad at you!"

Ah, parents.

~~~~~

I swung my legs back and forth as I munched on my cake. To my right sat Sasuke, who was still a little uncomfortable with what happened earlier, but was eating a cupcake happily. 

On my left, sat dad. He looked completely ridiculous with the party hat I forced him to wear and in the small kid sized chair. His legs were pulled up to him in the most awkward position and he had a plate of cake balanced on his knee. He was currently giving sad puppy eyed glances to mom who was purposely ignoring him as she chatted with Mikoto. 

I put my cake down and patted my dad's back in sympathy. My family is so weird.

"Hey, Mayu-chan! You should sing for us!" Sasuke grinned in excitement and I shook my head as I gave my parents a wary glance.

"Sing? You can sing Mayu-chan?" My mom clasped her hands and gave me an excited smile.

Dad was just giving me a weird stare. "I've never heard her sing."

I itched the back of my neck and gave a nervous giggle.

"It's okay! You don't have to pretend she isn't famous. She told me, so your secret is safe with me!"

"Ohhh. Famous, huh?" My dad gave me a smirk and I frowned and turned away.

"Famous?" My mom's face went blank for a moment then quickly changed to amused.

"Sasuke-kun..-"Mom said and gave me a chiding glance. Well, there goes having a slave and being famous. I frowned and gave a disappointed sigh.

"Mayu-chan was just playing a joke on you." Mikoto said hesitantly.

"Tch." I turned to see Sasuke glaring at me with an adorable pout. Oh look! He's even blushing! So cute!

"Mayu. Apologize to Sasuke." I turned to my mom and she raised in eyebrow as if asking to defy her. 

"Sorry, Sasuke. Still friends?" He eyed me critically and for the first time, I was anxious about his answer. I shifted in my seat and frowned when he didn't say anything.

I gave a relieved sigh when he smiled brightly and gave my hand a squeeze. 

"We'll always be friends Mayu!" I grinned and nodded. There goes another awkward situation, out the door! I smiled and went back to munching on my cake.

~~~~~

Heyo~! It's been a while, SORRY!!!! I feel so horrible! Forgive me! I'll be posting the next chapter soon though.

Just in case anyone is confused, this is not a Sasuke love story. Just friends! Sorry to disappoint. She already has Itachi :3