Chapter 23: Why Do I Have To Repeat This Battle?

AHHH I'M SOOO SORRY

IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG SINCE THE LAST CHAPTER

I was very busy. I hope you can forgive me. I guess for the last week or so, this story was on hiatus. It's just like I said on my community post on my profile, I had drama performances and I was worked like a dog basically. *inhale* I'M SORRY SORRY SORRY IT WAS ONLY A ONE TIME THING I'M SORRY TO KEEP YOU ALL WAITING. Anyjays (its a thing) new chapter is finally here!

"Well, that was a lot," Grace stated tiredly as she, Nya, Sora, and Izumi sat in her room.

"You can say that again," Sora responded, hitting her head with a pillow. "I had to fight this girl shooting beams at energy for a blade," Izumi commented, floating midair. "And I think she had wings as well. She looks like the definition of those next generation fan children."

"How do you even know that term?" Nya asked. Izumi turned to look at Nya, and then the reader. "I know things. And whoever sees this, I'm watching."

"Okay," Sora started, unsure as she lifted her head off of the pillow. "Well I think we have to go to bed right now. See you tomorrow Grace!" The rest of the girls left the room, leaving Grace alone. She decided to look out at the balcony that her room had.

Grace's room was interesting. Well, the color palette was. One side was purple and silver, and the other side was green and silver. Whoever decorated this room has no taste in interior designing, Grace thought to herself. Now leaning over the railing of her balcony, she caught sight of Levi, just walking around the empty and dark grounds. Levi must have sensed her staring at the back of his neck, and he quickly turned around to face Grace. He did a quick wave while hiding something on his neck, putting his hand over it. A small forced smile spread on his face as he ran into the bushes. (I promise, everything will be explained in chapter 30) Grace thought it was suspicious. What happened that made him cover up his neck? That's the question that was on Grace's mind, as she turned off her lights and fell asleep, tired.

---------------------The Next Morning-------------------

"You saw that?" Lloyd asked Grace in line as the Ninja lined up for breakfast. Surprisingly, Grace thought, it looked way better than the food she had at village school, but only slightly. "Yeah," Grace responded as she added food to her plate. "That's kinda weird, huh?" Lloyd nodded as they went to sit at a huge table with the rest of the Ninja, other contestants looking their way and whispering. "I wonder what we're doing today,"Cole said as he munched on a muffin that actually wasn't stale. "Well, if it's like the tournament run by Chen, then probably it will be fighting," Kai replied as he put his arm around Skylor (remember, she's not actually in the Tournament).

Suddenly an announcement came on the speakers, making everyone stop what they were doing. "Okay, so today's elemental masters who will be fighting to make up the first half of round one will go as the following- Master of Jade and Darkness vs Master of Light, Master of Technology vs Master of Glitch, Master of Water vs Master of Thunder, Master of Spinjitzu vs Master of Fusion, and last but not least, Master of Fire vs Master of Smoke. Arrive to your assigned arena at the assigned time. Good day and have a good battle. That is all." The announcement clicked off.

A red haired girl made eye contact with Arin. A slightly scared brown-haired teenager looked nervously at Nya. A robot- dragon hybrid glared at Sora, using it's wings to hide his face from viewing. And a white haired teenage girl with wings looked slightly excited but very nervous, slightly shaking as she looked at Grace. In the corner of his eye, Kai made contact with Cinder, who had a mischievous look on his face, sticking out his tongue and mouthing "You have no chance." Kai snapped the chopsticks in his hands (what are they eating actually? Maybe rice, idk). He couldn't stand to be taunted by someone as annoying as Cinder. He was going to win, no matter what it took...