Chapter 1

I JUST WANT TO SAY A HUUUUGGEEE 'THANK YOU' TO EVERYONE WHO READ ON THE RUN! I CANNOT WAIT TO WRITE THIS BOOK AND AM MOTIVATED BY ALL YOUR COMMENTS!

BTW ILL BE BREATHING THE SAME FOOKING AIR AS FOOKING ONE DIRECTION IN 2 DAYS AND I AM SO FOOKING EXCITED I COULD FOOKING SHIET MY PANTS

I LOVE YOU ALL

"Madeline dear would you come here a minute?!" My grandma yelled from across the small house.

"Yes grandma I'll be right there!" I yelled back as I fumbled with my earrings and shoved my boots on. I walked through the winding hallway before finally seeing her in my mother's room. "What did you need?" I asked quietly as I found her sitting on the edge of my mother's bed.

"Could you please go grab some ibuprofen and a bottle of water for your mother? She has a migraine again." My grandmother asked as she went back to stroking my mother's forehead. I could hear my grandma trying to ask how she was feeling but she wasn't getting an actual answer. I went into the bathroom and searched through the medicine cabinet finding the ibuprofen, and running into the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of water.

"Here grandma." I said as I handed her the water and pills. "I hope you feel better mom. I'll see you after school I really got to get going-"

"Wait dear, I'd like to speak to you outside before you leave." My grandma said as she walked me out of the room and shut my mother's door.

"What is it grandma?" I asked confused as we walked towards the front door.

"I need you to run by the pharmacy tonight on your way home, your mother's depression pills have been switched again and I need you to pick them up."

"Does she really need those? I mean I know how the issues with dad have troubled her but-"

"She needs them more than you think, now hurry up and go to school; you'll be late. Your mom is staying home today so don't worry about her, I'll be here. Be safe!" My grandma said as she shoved me out the door towards the car my mom and I share. I hurriedly unlocked the doors and climbed in, immediately turning on the heat.

"Why is Wisconsin so cold? I need to go back to Florida." I huffed to myself as I shifted the car into reverse and backed out of the driveway. I drove my normal route to the college campus and luckily made it into class on time and frankly early by two minutes.

"Maddie! Since when are you this late?!" My newly acquainted friend Ryan joked as I walked over to him in my chemistry class. I'm usually 15 minutes early because one of my worst fears is being late for class.

"I had a slow start this morning ok?" I laughed as his face turned pale.

"Is your mother alright?" He asked nervously as I looked at him weird.

"My mother's fine, she just had a migraine. Nothing to worry about." I said as I tried to smile but couldn't. "Why would you assume something happened? Maybe I just tried to spend more time on my makeup. Did you notice?" I said as I batted my eyelashes and smiled sarcastically. He just huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Whatever Maddie, let's go get our seats before they're taken. Mr. Murray should be in any minute now." Ryan said as we walked to the second row of the large auditorium and sat down.

"Ok class! The bell has rung please be seated!" Our professor Mr. Murray boomed as he bustled inside while taking off his scarf and hat. "Our lesson today is on...."

"Maddie...Maddie...Maddie!" Ryan said as he snapped his fingers in my face.

"Wh-what?!" I asked while rubbing my eyes.

"You fell asleep in the middle of Ms. Weber's lecture...did you get enough sleep last night?" Ryan asked as he picked up his backpack and stood up.

"Yeah I did, I just have a lot on my mind. I need to finish that chemistry project and stop by the pharmacy for my mom. Wow I should really get going! I need to make it before it closes! Thanks for waking me up I'll see you tomorrow!" I said as I flew out of Math and drove all the way to the pharmacy. I picked up my mom's medication and drove home quickly to find her still in bed like she was this morning.

"Hey mom...I got your new medication." I said as I knocked on her door and peeked in.

"Oh thank you dear. You can just set them on the dresser." She said slowly as I set them down and sat next to her on the bed.

"Has your migraine gotten any better?" I asked as I felt her head.

"Yeah I just need to keep my eyes shut or I get dizzy. I hope I can return to work soon."

"Mom it's fine I got that new front desk job at the dentist so I can bring in your pay."

"You shouldn't have to be working for your family at 24 Madeline. I need to start working out of the house." She mumbled as she turned over in bed trying to get comfortable.

"Mom, everything will be fine. Your medications will start working and you'll be able to go to work again. It's just going to take some time. Everything will be back to normal. I promise."

"I really hope so dear....I really do."

A/N:
WELCOME BACK! I AM SO EXCITED TO WRITE THIS BOOK! I'm literally smiling in excitement just from writing this :) How Madeline ended up here WILL be explained MUCH later in the book...so for now let your imaginations run wild as to how she got back home :)

THANK YOU FOR READING!