Chapter 40

I didn't sleep a wink last night. I was running through all the possible things that could happen if I stayed down here in Florida or if I didn't and went back up to Rhode Island. Yet this morning I somehow found myself walking towards Harry's office, the place he spent most of his time in. I knocked on the door quickly as he said 'Come in!'. I looked in, still in the doorway, to see multiple papers scattered across his desk. "Could I talk to you?" I asked quietly as Harry stared down at his desk.

"No, not right now I'm busy." He said making a pang shoot throughout my body in shock.

"Oh...ok." I mumbled as I turned around to walk out the door.

"No Madeline! Wait!" He said as held a hand up to me. "Rick I have to go, I'm busy." He said as he looked down at the phone on his desk which was on speaker, "No. Not right now-Goodbye." He said as he groaned and shoved a pile of papers into the trash. "Come in Madeline have a seat." He gestured towards me as he cleaned his desk off.

"I can come back later if I was interrupting." I said as I walked in slowly, shutting the door behind me.

"No don't be silly, I needed to get off the phone with him anyways." He said as he shook his head at me and clasped his hands together.

"I just wanted to talk to you about the house." I said as he nodded. "I thought about it all last night and I decided that I need to go back up to a Rhode Island." I said as Harry's face dropped a bit. "I need to go back up so I can speak to Megan and see how'd she feel about me moving down here."

"So you're still considering? It's not completely ruled out yet?" He asked as I nodded my head.

"If Megan will be ok up there I'm willing to move down here if my mother really wants to. So I'm leaving the decision ultimately up to her once I speak with Megan." I said as Harry nodded and leaned back.

"When do you want to go back? I can arrange your ticket right now."

"Would tomorrow be ok? Megan and I usually go into the office on Sunday so I was thinking I could meet her there."

"Tomorrow is Saturday. Where are you going to stay?" He asked as I knew he was referring to if I was going to go home back to Eric.

"I was thinking I'd stay with my mother." I said as he let out a breath of relief. "Would you mind flying in Monday? So I could talk to you about my final decision."

"Of course. Where do you want to meet?"

"I'll just pick you up from the airport. We can go to lunch or something." I said as he smirked.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" He asked slyly as he wiggled his eyebrows and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't want you getting us a private jet for the way back, that cost too much money-" I started completely ignoring his statement before. He opened a webpage on his computer and pressed print in under two minutes before leaning back and smirking at me.

"Too late." He said making me shake my head.

"I don't understand you." I rolled my eyes as I brought my hand up and moved some hair out of my face.

"Woah wait! You still have that?" Harry asked as pointed to my hand.

"Have what?" I asked as he leaned over his desk and grabbed my wrist bringing it towards him.

"Thought you would've gotten rid of this long ago." He said as he traced his finger along the tattoo.

"My grandma about had a heart attack when I came back home with it how many years ago. I had to tell her it meant live and love." I said as Harry laughed letting go of my wrist. His dimples in his cheeks when he laughed made me smirk, I hadn't seen him laugh this entire trip. Only a little chuckle here and there.

"What about the one on your ankle?" He asked as I lifted my foot up.

"Still here too. I didn't know how to describe this one so I got yelled at for it." I smirked as I set my foot back down. "I think I'm going to go let them know you printed our tickets and that we need to pack." I said as I stood up and walked to the door, "Thanks again Harry." I smiled as I exited his office and walked towards my grandma's room. I knocked on it before entering and seeing both my mom and grandma sitting on the bed talking.

"Hey Maddie. We were wondering where you had gone off to." My mom smiled as I sat down on the bed next to them.

"I was just talking to Edward." I said as my grandma and I exchanged glances. "He's printed our tickets off and we're going to fly out tomorrow."

"You're not going to be staying with that Eric boy now are you?" My grandma asked glaring at me.

"No, I knew you wouldn't let me so I already had the mindset that I'd be staying at your place."

"Well good. I didn't clean the guest bedroom for nothing then." She said as she stood up and walked towards her suitcase.

"I told Edward to fly up on Monday so I can tell him our final decision on the house. I'm going to speak with Megan on Sunday about everything and then chat with you that night to figure everything out."

"Sounds good. Might as well start packing." My mom said as she and I exited my grandma's room and began to pack our bags.

"Thank you for everything again Edward. You have a lovely home." My mom said as she gave Harry a hug before retreating into the limo.

"Yes indeed, I'm going to need a few gardening tips from that Ian so I can make my gardens as beautiful as these." My grandma said as she also gave him a quick hug. Left standing there was just Harry and I as my mother and grandma most likely spied out of the limo windows.

"Thank you Harry, I'm really glad you asked me to come down here." I said as I gave him a hug.

"Me too." He whispered into my ear as we broke apart and I walked down to the limo. "I'll see you Monday! My flight gets in at 11:15!" He said as I nodded my head taking a mental note of the time as I climbed into the limo. He waved us off as Barry drove down the driveway.

"Well he is a very charming and handsome nice young man." My mother smirked towards me making me gasp.

"Mother!"

A/N:
SO MADE IN THE A.M. CAME OUT TODAY!!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SONG?

I like If I Could Fly, I Want To Write You A Song, and Temporary Fix.