Chapter 60

"You called?" I chuckled as I walked into Harry's house and found him laying on the couch in his living room with some papers on his lap. It was around three in the afternoon and Harry called me over saying he was bored and needed company.

"Hey!" He smiled as he pushed the papers onto the coffee table, stood up and pulled me in for a hug, kissing me when he pulled back. "What have you been up to these past couple of days?" I hadn't seen him since our deep talk in the pool.

"Nothing really. I went to an art fair with my mom and grandma, she's starting to feel a bit better now." I smiled as I sat down on the couch next to him and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Well that sounds like fun. Have you made any plans for your birthday?"

"No, not really." I replied.

"Well...anything you want for a present?" He asked as I smiled, finding comfort in the fact he remembered my birthday.

"I haven't really thought about it to be honest." I confessed.

"Not even a once in a lifetime trip to Tahiti? Or diamond earrings? Or a new house?" He asked making me snort.

"Alright you can buy me a new phone charger with a longer cord." I smirked making him look at me with disapproval.

"That's what you want for your birthday?" He asked as he cocked an eyebrow.

"Yep."

"I'm not getting you that, nope." He said making me groan. "But I could give you a piece of this." He smirked as he pointed to himself making me roll my eyes.

"I'll pass." I smirked.

"You're going to pass up a night with the sexiest man alive?" He asked deviously.

"Yep as a matter of fact I am." I said bluntly making him scowl.

"Fine I won't give you some then, but you have to say I'm the sexiest man alive first."

"I can't lie." I smirked making his mouth gape open at me.

"How would that be lying? Is there someone else-"

"Well I mean Zayn was-" I started but was cut off by Harry.

"I knew you had a thing for Zayn!" He glared as I rolled my eyes.

"I was joking...if anyone I would've had a thing for Louis." I mumbled the end as Harry unraveled his arms from around me and gasped.

"WHAT?!" He exclaimed as I smiled innocently.

"So about that birthday present..."

"No! No birthday presents for you anymore!" He said making me stick my bottom lip out in a pout. "Stop that, that won't work on me." He said glaring at me as I stuck it out even further. "Fine I'll get you a present...if you say I'm the sexiest man alive."

"Fine you're the sexiest man alive. Happy?" I asked with a roll of my eyes.

"No. How come you wouldn't say it when I first asked you?" He asked with a pout.

"Because I like to mess with you."

"Oh so you like to mess around with me?" He asked as he wiggled his eyebrows. "So you wouldn't mind if I brought you upstairs for-"

"Stop stop stop stop stop!" I shrieked as I covered my ears.

"I was going to say for a nap. But it's apparent you don't want to go all the way up there so I'm going to sleep right here on this couch." Harry announced with a huff as he laid down at one end of the couch.

"Fine! So will I!" I chimed as I laid down in the middle of the couch by Harry's legs. After a couple of minutes of silence I heard Harry groan and bring his arms down towards me.

"Madelineeeee." He groaned as he pulled me up towards his chest and wrapped his arms around me, his body heat radiating onto my skin. "If I wouldn't have said you were mine, would you have gone with one of the other boys?" He mumbled making me exhale.

"No probably not." I admitted as I shifted my position on the couch.

"Why not?" He asked confusedly.

"Because they weren't going to be the ones to let me go, you were."

"That's the reason why you would've chosen me over them?" He asked obviously unamused.

"And I might have thought you were the sexiest man alive..." I mumbled making him chuckle from behind me.

"That's my girl." He said as he kissed my cheek and nestled his nose into my neck as we drifted off to sleep.

"Mr. Styles...sir." Someone said as there was a knock on the living room door.

"Harry...wake up." I grumbled as I smacked the back of my hand onto his cheek making him groan and mumble a 'what?'.

"Sir there are four men out front for you..." The butler said making Harry's arms tighten around my waist as our eyes went wide. "They said you'll know who they are...should I tell them to leave?"

"No...no, I'll be out in a minute." He said as he sat up and pushed his legs off the couch before standing up. I grabbed his arm and stood up beside him before he could reach the door. "Stay in here." He commanded towards me.

"Are you kidding? The only way they'll show mercy on you is if I come out there." I reasoned making Harry glare at me.

"I don't know how they found me Madeline! I don't know what they want!" He exclaimed making me roll my eyes.

"At least let me come stand behind the door. I'll be out of their sight but still in yours." I said making Harry nod his head, obviously not wanting to face them alone for the first time in two years. We walked out into the hall with me staying behind him until we neared the front door. I stepped to his right as he grabbed the door handle to face the four boys he never thought he would see again in his lifetime.

A/N:
Hey guys, I'm really excited to announce my new book Altitude. (Which all of you voted on) I have the link attached to the book below! The trailer is the only thing published :) don't forget to add it to your libraries! I will be updating it once I am finished with this book :)
http://w.tt/1Uj6aIh @DoubleEmA