Chapter 62

"I have to go home." I announced as I pulled back from Harry's arms. I had finally stopped crying and knew the others were wondering why Harry and I had been out in the hall for so long.

"W-what? Why-"

"I need to tell my mom and grandma that you didn't kill my father." I said as I looked up into his green eyes.

"But they aren't supposed to know, you said that-"

"I know that my grandma knows who you really are. My mom is the only one who doesn't know now Harry." I said quietly as he looked down at me still confused.

"Are you sure?" He asked not knowing if it was the best idea.

"Remember when you asked if I'd ever take your last name?" I asked as he nodded. "Well I can't if my mother doesn't know who you really are." I said as he huffed before nodding his head slowly, agreeing.

"Ok, well I should probably make the boys leave anyways. I don't want them around talking about your father anymore if you're not going to be here." Harry said making me smile.

"I'll confiscate my mother's cell phone before I tell her just so you have time to leave town." I chuckled making Harry roll his eyes. I leaned up and kissed his lips before turning around and walking towards the door. "Hey and if anything, this will put you on better terms with my grandma." I winked.

"Mom! Grandma! Where are you?!" I screamed as I ran into the house.

"Upstairs honey!" My grandma called back as I ran up the stairs and into her bedroom. "How was Harry?"

"Fine, great actually. I need to talk to you and mom, like now." I said out of breath from running all the way here.

"Ok, where do you want to talk?"

"In the living room preferably." I said as she nodded. "Thanks!" I yelled as I ran into my mom's room. "Mom?" I asked as I knocked. I looked in and saw her folding clothes and placing them in her dresser.

"Hey sweetie!" She said, feeling a bit better than a couple days ago.

"I need to talk to you and grandma in the living room...like now." I said as I ushered her quickly out of the bedroom and downstairs knowing she wouldn't stop what she was doing until she was done.

"First of all do you either of you have your phones on you?" I asked quickly.

"No..." They both said as I nodded.

"What do you have to tell us?" My grandma asked as she drank a cup of coffee which she grabbed while I was pulling my mother down the stairs

"It's about...Edward." I said as I looked towards my mother. "Mom, Edward isn't who you think he is."

"Maddie what're you-" My grandma interjected knowing what I was about to do.

"Grandma you need to hear this too." I said as she nodded her head and sat back while my mom looked at me confused. "Edward and I didn't meet in high school."

"What? Well where did you meet then?" She asked as I took a deep breath.

"Edward's real name is Harry...and he's my kidnapper." I said as I let out a huge breath of air as my mother's eyes shot wide open.

"What? He's what?! Maddie! He needs to be jail! WE NEED TO CALL THE-"

"NO! LISTEN!" I yelled as I stood up when Jerry one of our servants came into the room. "Jerry! Grab that phone and take it with you." I ordered as he pulled the house phone off the table and brought it back with him into the servant's quarters.

"Shelley! How are you not freaking out about this?! We finally have our hands on the one man we hate the most and-"

"Melissa please sit down." My grandma said calmly as I looked over at her with gratefulness, as she finally took my side. "I knew about this for awhile so this isn't a surprise to me."

"What?! How could you know and not tell me?! Don't you realize-"

"Melissa listen to me." My grandma demanded as she looked my mother right in the eyes. "Harry brought Maddie, you, and me down here so he could apologize for all he has done. In return he gave us this beautiful home and has brought down one of the best doctors in the world to make sure you get better. He feels terrible for ruining Maddie's life and is trying to make up for it. I admit when I first found out I knew I was out of my mind for not calling the police but he loves her. They're in love."

"That's preposterous! Maddie how can you-"

"Mom please just let me finish-"

"He killed your father! How can you love someone that took away one of the people you cared most about?! How can you?!" She questioned making me stand up and glare.

"He didn't kill dad." I said making both their eyes go wide in confusion.

"What? Of course he did Maddie he-"

"He didn't kill dad." I said with more force trying to get it through their heads that he was not the killer of my own father.

"Maddie? How could you know that? The cops-" My grandma tried to reason but I cut her off before she could finish.

"That's what I called you both down here for! When I went to Harry's today he told me that a couple of his old friends contacted him about dad and his killing." I said lying a bit knowing they wouldn't be ok with me being in contact with not one but five criminals. "They said that Harry ordered them to go kill my father but he didn't have a reason why so they were just going to check the situation out but not kill him...but when they got there he was already dead." Their eyes went wide as I continued to speak. "They didn't know who it was. They thought at first it could've been the Dragons who they had previous problems with before but they narrowed it down and figured out it was...Ryan."

"Ryan?!" My grandma shouted as I nodded my head. "But we hadn't even met him yet! How could-"

"Ryan had been stalking Harry. He knew that by getting the blame of a murder onto Harry he could get his gang to rise as Harry's went to jail and then swoop in and kidnap me."

"Maddie we have to tell the police!" My mother said abruptly.

"No mom! If we tell the police they're going to ask how we got this information! That means Harry will have to go back too! Ryan is already in jail! We need to keep this to ourselves. I didn't tell you this so we could expose Ryan, I told you this so you could accept that Harry is trying to change and he didn't do everything he was charged for."

"I can't believe Ryan killed my son. I can't believe Harry kidnapped you but at least he's trying to make up for it." My grandma muttered to herself as my mom sat there still trying to process everything, finally quiet.

"Please mom, I know you're not going to be able to forgive Harry for everything he did but you can at least know the truth that he didn't kill dad. I told Harry that I wasn't going to be able to continue our relationship unless both of you knew who he really was, and he was willing to take the risk of you possibly calling the police just so he could show me that he cares. Please mom you have to understand that he's changed and I wouldn't have brought you two down here unless I had a feeling that he did." I pleaded as my mother looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Ok...I believe you. I'm willing to forgive." She said as she pulled my in for a hug which my grandma rushed over and joined in with too.