Chapter 51

Knock knock. "Come in!" I yelled quickly as I kept my head down looking towards my paperwork. The past week I had been working from morning till night trying to get this paperwork settled for Megan. I literally slaved over it until I got too hungry or I started seeing dots and couldn't read anymore.

"Hello Madeline." Harry said as I turned around and looked at him with surprise not expecting it to be him.

"Oh hi sorry I haven't talked to you-"

"It's no big deal. I just brought over the paperwork for the house and James is explaining it to your mom and grandma right now. They said you were up here working." He said as he walked over to the bed and sat down on the corner.

"Basically been up here the entire past week. I'm sorry I've been so busy-" I said as I stood up and moved the hair out of my face.

"I thought you quit your job?"

"I told her to send me stuff down electronically if she needed help and-" I started as my computer dinged signaling another email, "oh my I really need to finish this!" I said as I sat back down at my desk and immediately got back to work.

"What's the girl's name you work with again?"

"Megan...why?" I asked as I turned around a few seconds later to see him with my phone to his ear. "Harry! Give me my phone back! Who are you-"

"Hello is this Megan?" He asked into the phone as he chuckled, "I'm Edward, Madeline's friend." I heard screaming coming from the other end as Harry placed the phone on speakerphone.

"Is she there?! MADDIE! IS THIS THE LOVER BOY YOU'VE BEEN GUSHING TO ME ABOUT?!" She screamed making my eyes go wide and my cheeks flush red as I looked over at Harry who had a smirk on his face.

"Megan! I never-"

"It is him! Edward is she relaxing? That's what she's supposed to be doing." She scolded as my eyes went wide and I shook my head at him mentally praying he wouldn't tell her.

"Relaxing? She's been working her ass off for the past week on whatever you sent her. This is the first time I've seen her in seven days!" He exclaimed making me drop onto the bed next to the phone.

"Maddie! I told you I didn't need that paperwork for a month!"

"I know-"

"No! I'm never sending you anything again! Edward if she tries to open the files again take her laptop away!"

"Will do." He smirked as he pressed the end button making me glare at him.

"Was that really necessary?"

"So...lover boy?" He smirked as he wiggled his eyebrows causing me to scoff.

"I never said-"

"Bullshit." He smirked making me turn my back to him and look back at the numerous amount of paperwork. "Hey stop that! You don't need to be working your ass off anymore, that's why I'm here: to buy you stuff."

"Harry that's not-"

"Uh-uh! That's how it is. Deal with it or I'm taking your laptop away now. You look like you haven't slept for a week."

"I probably haven't." I groaned as I rested my face in my hands before maneuvering my messy bun and standing up to look around my room. "It's so messy I'm so-"

"Stop apologizing. You had no idea I was coming over."

"See this is why we need to exchange numbers."

"I don't think so, I like how you have to come see me whenever you need something." He smirked making me roll my eyes and grab my phone off the bed and chuck it onto the desk.

"Do you think they need my help with anything down there?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes. Not staring at my laptop screen for more than 10 minutes now, my eyes were burning and wanted to snap shut.

"No they're fine. You need to sleep."

"It's only seven at night-"

"Well you better get to bed then because I'm taking you out tomorrow and I don't want you falling asleep on our date." He said cocking an eyebrow at me as I tried to comprehend what he said.

"Ugh I'm so tired." I grumbled finally giving in as I flopped onto the bed and rolled under the covers.

"No more work for you. Get some rest, I'll pick you up tomorrow afternoon." He said as he gave my leg under the covers a quick shake before he stood up and turned the light off. Right as he walked out into the hall I could hear him bump into my mother. "Oh yes she's sleeping now. She'd been working this past week so I called Megan and she said she won't be sending work down for her anymore." I could practically see him smiling.

"She's a hard worker. Doesn't stop till she gets the job done there's for sure. She'd been in her room almost the entire time, would only come out for food." My mother huffed as I could just picture her shaking her head in disapproval.

"Well I'll make sure to get her out of the house this week. If it's alright, I thought I'd ask you if I could take her out on a date tomorrow?"

"Oh I think she'd love that!" My mother said enthusiastically making me groan.

"I told her I'd pick her up tomorrow afternoon some time." They then mumbled a few more words which I didn't catch as I was drifting off to sleep before Harry's shoes sounded down the steps and the front door opened and shut.

A/N:
Three weeks later and I'm still sick...what is life...