Chapter 15

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock. I rolled over restlessly trying to block out the annoying sound of the clock. I reached my hands up to my face to rub my eyes and read the clock but my face was covered by something.

"Huh!" I gasped quickly as I pulled at the thing on my face. I felt around and determined I was in a bed, so I threw the covers off quickly in hope my eyes would see light. As I threw them off I was disappointed to find that darkness still surrounded me. "What is going on?!" I yelled now getting quite scared as I heard a grunt.

"Fuck finally. Calm down." A person said as he came over and grabbed my shoulders.

"What're you-" I started as the person pulled what was on my head off and I was exposed to the room. I looked at the person holding the pillow case, half expecting it to be one of the boys but then I remembered what happened at the phone booth last night. "Where am I?!" I screamed at the man with shaggy blonde hair. "Why did Harry send you?!" I questioned as he rolled his eyes and opened the door. I looked around the room cautiously which had maroon walls while still eyeing him at the door.

"Ryan! She's awake!" The man yelled making my eyes go wide. Ryan? Couldn't be. It must be a different one. Possibly one that works for Harry. "Just sit still." He commanded towards me as he pulled out his pistol and began polishing it in the corner of the room.

"Hey! Did she-" My eyes went wide as I looked at the person who burst through the door.

"Ryan?" I gasped from the bed as he turned his head towards me.

"Maddie!" He said as I stood up off the bed and ran into his arms immediately sobbing.

"How d-did you know?! H-how?!" I cried into his chest as he rubbed my back. "Please tell m-me the things they s-said about you-you weren't true!" I said as I clutched his shirt tighter staining it with my tears.

"Shh! It's ok Maddie! You're safe now." He cooed as he kissed the top of my head. "He won't hurt you anymore." Yeah right.

"He kept me in a shed f-for a week!" I stuttered as I backed away and looked up at him. The man with shaggy hair had left the room.

"Damn it." Ryan said as he breathed out a large breath and pulled at his hair. "I knew we should've come and gotten you sooner."

"What? Sooner? We?" I asked confusedly as Ryan looked at me.

"Just a couple of friends." He said casually, dismissing the subject.

"Why did you leave?" I asked curiously as I wiped the remaining tears from my face. "If you would've walked me home like you said you wanted to, I wouldn't have gotten kidnapped."

"Couple of friends and I were moving here. I thought I'd be back the next day but it got too late and we were exhausted from moving our stuff in so I just stayed here."

"Where are we?" I asked nervously afraid of the answer.

"Tennessee." He said making my eyes go wide.

"You took me all the way from Wisconsin to Tennessee?! I was so close to seeing my mom!" I exclaimed overwhelmed by the situation.

"If I would've left you there you would've been in more danger than you were with The London Lowriders. I did what I had to and will explain it all tomorrow but it's past midnight and you need some actual sleep. I can't put all this on you right now. It's for the better." He said as he guided me back towards the bed.

"Is that guy going to come back in?" I asked as I looked from the chair he was sitting in to the door.

"No they each have their own rooms." Ryan chuckled as he leaned up against the wall.

"Whose is this then?" I asked as I looked around admiring the wallpaper.

"It's mine but I have work to do so I'm going to sleep downstairs." He said as he walked towards the door.

"Do you know what it's like to sleep in a shed for a week? Fucking terrifying. And if you think I'm going to stay in this room by myself when anyone could walk through this door you're insane. I'm staying next to you until you show me around this joint." He let out an exasperated sigh as he flicked the light off and walked to the other side of the bed. It felt quite nice to know that at least with Ryan I had some dominance still. I was still quite leery on if I should believe what he told me but I wasn't going to question it now as he said he'd explain it more tomorrow. "What about your work? I don't mean for you to get behind." I said hoping he'd tell me what his work was.

"I'll just do my work tomorrow."