Chapter 46

"Finally." I breathed out as I fell back onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. "Only took five hours." I huffed as I closed my eyes and took a couple deep breaths.

"Hey it wasn't that bad." Harry said as he laid on his back down beside me. During the time I was emptying boxes Harry explained to me a lot of things. Like how his grandfather passed away from a heart attack, his parents divorced for reasons still unknown to him, and that I was the first guest to ever come to his house. "I still can't understand why you have this." He said as he lifted my wrist up to look at the tattoo.

"You can't erase the past." I said with my eyes still shut.

"But you can remove tattoos." He said as he set my wrist back down and sat up.

"I don't want to get it removed. I think it will come to mean something in the future." I said as I opened my eyes and saw Harry staring down at me while furrowing his eyebrows.

"Do you want to go back to my place? I'm not letting you stay here tonight because the security system still isn't installed and there's no food." He said making me groan.

"Ugh that means I have to get up." I said as I closed my eyes again and slumped down even more into the bed.

"I can call Barry-"

"Take a joke Harry. I was just kidding." I said as I sat up and walked towards the door. "I don't need to be catered every second of the day."

"You should be though." He grumbled most likely to himself as he shut the light off and followed me down the stairs. The sun had gone down and a cool breeze was starting to form outside.

"At least it stopped raining." I said as Harry locked the door and proceeded outside with me. The wind was blowing behind us so Harry kept running his fingers through his hair to push it out of his face. "Why did you begin this whole new look?" I asked as I gestured towards his clothes and hair.

"Can't look like a criminal now can I?" He said as we walked across the road and into his driveway.

"To be honest, I'd rather see you in the tank and shorts than this." I said as I gestured to his fancy suit. "It's too formal for around the house." I said as my stomach growled loudly.

"How about a late dinner?" Harry chuckled as I nodded my head rapidly and entered the house. Just then my phone started buzzing in my pocket making me pull it out.

"Oh it's my mother! I'll meet you in there in a minute." I said as Harry stalked off into the dining hall. "Hi mom!" I said cheerfully into the phone as I walked outside onto the patio by the pool.

"Hi honey! Is everything going alright down there? Did the weather delay your flight?"

"It's going great! We moved all of my stuff into the house today. I got in late last night because my flight was delayed 45 minutes. How's it up there?"

"Oh it's good. We've been packing things up gradually. Did you go grocery shopping?"

"Uh no not yet. Edward is letting me stay at his place because the security system at ours isn't installed yet. I'm going to ask if I can go shopping tomorrow since I will have to get Barry to drive me."

"Oh how is he doing? Tell him thank you again for me."

"He's doing fine, and I will! Do you have any idea when you'll be down?"

"I'm hoping no longer than a week. I went to the psychiatrist today and they upped my meds. They said they have a location in Miami but I don't which doctors I'll be seeing and it's kind of stressing me out."

"It's ok mom I'm sure we'll figure everything out, but I need to go. Dinner is going to be ready any minute! Thank you for calling and I'll check in sooner next time!"

"No problem dear! I'll see you soon! Bye!" She said as she hung up the phone. I quickly exhaled as I walked back into the house to see Harry already sitting at the table with his dish in front of him.

"Oh I'm sorry you didn't have to wait!" I exclaimed hurriedly as I walked in and took my seat.

"I don't mind Madeline. How was your mother?"

"Uh good she's just stressing out a bit about switching doctors."

"Oh that's completely fine I'll just have a personal doctor sent to your servants quarters."

"A what?" I said as I took the lid off my dish and stared at the steak in awe.

"A doctor. They have those around here too." He said as he ate a bite of his steak.

"Well I'm sure she'll be excited to hear that. Thank you. This is delicious." I said as I took a drink of my milk. "I feel bad that I'm eating all your food I really should-"

"Nonsense. If it's that big of a deal you can go get groceries tomorrow. I always eat alone so it's nice to have company." He said making me feel quite sorry for him. I didn't ever think about how lonely it must get here.

"I'm sorry if I seem as if I don't want to eat here, I just don't like living off of other people."

"No I completely understand. I shouldn't have made you eat here." He said making me frown.

"You didn't make me eat here. I wanted to and I still do." I said trying to figure out where this was all coming from.

"Do you have plans for tomorrow?" He asked after a few moments.

"All I'd really like to do is go grocery shopping. Other than that I have no plans."

"If you make a list tonight I can have Barry run you over there tomorrow morning."

"Sounds great."