Chapter 19

"Wa-la! Finished! Ready to look?!"

"No."

"Awh c'mon Maddie! I just spent almost an hour on your makeup and you're not even willing to look?" Sharna pouted making me roll my eyes.

"I didn't want my make up done." I grumbled to myself as I stood up off the chair and walked over to the mirror. My reflection stunned me. "I don't even look like myself." I gasped as I ran my fingers through my now dark brown hair.

"The wonders of makeup." Sharna sighed happily, "I love it!" She finished as she started touching up her own makeup.

"I can barely even do mascara correctly." I said astounded as I closed each eye to look at the different colored eyeshadow. The streaks of black eyeliner really brought out the color of my blue eyes and the bronzer made me almost three times as tan.

"Are you girls done yet?! It's already five and people have started arriving!" Ryan yelled through the door as Sharna opened it. He stared in at us and asked, "Where's Maddie?" As I turned around from the mirror to face him. His eyes went wide open as he took in my new appearance. "Damn." He said making me chuckle and roll my eyes. "You look good." He said as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I know right!" Sharna screamed as she hit Ryan on the arm from all of her excitement.

"Well all you have to do now is get her in some better clothes and she'll be ready to come down." Ryan said as he turned back around and out the door.

"Hey what's wrong with these-" I started but the door shut cutting me off.

"Don't worry I'll find you something absolutely perfect in my closet. Come on!" Sharna said as she practically pulled me down the hall and into her room. "What color are you feeling today? Green, blue, yellow, pink, red-" She said as she threw out every possible color of a bra onto the bed.

"I'll just take this one." I said as I took the lime green bra which was closest to me.

"Here! Take this too! Oh and this! And don't forget this!" Sharna said as she piled clothes into my arms and shoved me into the nearest bathroom. "Come out and show me when you're done!" I put on the green bra (which I found out later was a push-up) and the matching panties before sliding on the very tight black tank top and the dark blue jean shorts.

"Don't you think this is a little much?!" I said as I opened the door for Sharna to look. "I feel like I'm about to pop these clothes are so tight!"

"Nonsense. They look great and if you don't wear them you'll look like an outcast. I even almost forgot the best part!" She said as she threw me a pair of heels (which may I add is a very dangerous thing to do).

"Oh I am not good in heels." I said as I looked at the white pumps.

"No you need to wear them. They go perfectly with your outfit and these go perfectly with mine!" She said as she pulled on her own black ones. "Well come on, Ryan said we need to go out there now that you've gotten dressed."

"Can't wait..." I said unenthusiastically as we walked out together and down the stairs. I had to hold onto the railing for dear life because I was afraid I was going to fall because of the height of the pumps she gave me.

"Wow. You look great Sharna!" Tyler said as he came into the living room, a beer in hand. "So do you Marissa-"

"Maddie."

"Yeah whatever." Tyler said as he waved both of us off to go dance with a couple of girls.

"Well come on! Let's go get something to drink." Sharna said as we headed towards the kitchen.