Chapter 30

"Meg what am I going to do? The tickets are for tomorrow." I said as I fanned them out in front of me.

"Ok hold up. You need to explain everything to me again because you rushed through it the first time." Megan said as she turned towards me and gave me her attention.

"He was there last night and he asked me to come down to his house in Florida to have a chat with him. I thought he was completely out of his mind when he told me that but he was serious and said he wanted to give us both closure. Then he handed me three tickets for my mom, grandma, and I and told me to think about it. So I'm thinking right now." I said as I put the tickets down the desk and buried my face in my hands.

"Have you talked to Eric about it?"

"No, I left early from the party last night and fell asleep before he came home. He was gone this morning when I woke up."

"Why'd you leave early?" Megan asked as I closed my eyes slowly. I had hoped that was the one question she wouldn't ask.

"I-I saw Eric making out with a blonde girl in the VIP section." I said as Megan's mouth dropped to the floor. "I don't know if it was just a one time thing or-"

"Maddie I am so sorry!" She said as she pulled me up onto my feet and into a hug. "I can't believe it. Like I'm so shocked." She said as I mumbled a 'me too'.

We embraced for a few minutes before she spoke again. "You have to go now."

"What?"

"You have to go to your ex-lover's house." She said as we sat back down. "You don't have a choice now."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused as to how she changed her stance on the situation so quickly.

"Maddie. You just caught your boyfriend cheating on you. This would be the perfect getaway. He's always telling you how you need a vacation when he's been having one from your relationship this entire time."

"But how will you run this place? I can't leave you here all alone."

"Maddie I've got this under control. If I need help I'll ring you but I'll be able to manage. What're you gonna be gone, a week?"

"I don't know he didn't give us returning tickets." I said as I looked down at the one-way tickets in my hands.

"Well just let me know then. I can manage this perfectly but Maddie, your flight is tomorrow, don't you think you should go let your mom and grandma know?"

"Oh my god you're right. They're going to flip out if I don't give them enough time! I need to leave!" I said as I packed up all my paperwork and my purse.

"I can't believe I'm going to Florida! I'm going to miss you! Keep this place running! If you need help call me!" I said as I gave Megan a hug and rushed towards the door.

"Thanks for helping me through all this Meg you're a real lifesaver!" I yelled to her.

"Anytime Maddie, have a good trip." She said as I shut the front door and immediately drove to my mom and grandma's house. After about 15 minutes I finally reached it and pounded on the front door.

"Oh Maddie how nice to-are you alright?" My grandma asked as I burst through the door grabbing her hand and pulling her into the living room to where my mother was.

"Hi Maddie how are-"

"I have some news." I said as my grandma sat down on the couch next to my mother.

"I met up with an old friend named...Edward last night at Mr. Mosser's formal party and he has invited us all out to his house in Florida." I said as I looked at them anxiously.

"Oh well that sounds lovely! When does he want us to come?" My mother asked delighted to hear the news.

"Tomorrow." I said as their eyes went wide as they looked at me like I had just betrayed our entire family.

"Tomorrow?" My grandma asked as if she didn't hear me correctly.

"I have three airplane tickets here all for tomorrow. We don't have a return date yet but I don't think we'll be staying longer than a week."

"Tomorrow?! You expect us to be packed by tomorrow? What about Dawn? Where will she stay?!"

"The flight isn't till the afternoon and I myself haven't started packing yet but you always talk about how you'd like to go back to Florida and here's your chance! And it's free! There's a kennel down the street for Dawn! I'll give you directions to it!" I said as my mother and grandma looked at each other.

"Are you feeling well enough to fly?" My grandma asked my mom as she stood up.

"Even if I'm not there's a bathroom on the plane. I'm going to start packing!" My mom said with the most enthusiasm I've seen in months.

"Ok we'll I'll meet you guys here tomorrow at 10 and we can get a taxi to take us to the airport. I can't wait!" I said as I hugged them both and handed them their tickets before climbing back in my car and driving home to start packing.

"Ok flip flops, running shoes, tank tops, shorts, sunglasses, sunscreen-"

"Hey Maddie-what're you doing?" Eric said as he burst through the bedroom door at 5 at night.

"Uh well..." I started scratching the back of my neck, "I'm going on a trip." I said casually as he stared at my suitcase confused.

"Can I ask where and with who?" He said cocking an eyebrow.

"An old friend of min-my mother's asked us to come see his new house in Florida and he wanted me to come too...are you mad?" I asked quite confused about his behavior.

"No-not at all. Just why so sudden?"

"I wasn't notified till today of the trip." I replied.

"When're you leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning." I said as I nervously chuckled as I started to panic realizing I still had a lot of packing to do.

"Oh. How long are you staying?"

"I don't know he didn't give us return tickets yet, I just hope it won't be too long because I feel bad for Megan having to watch over the office while I'm gone. But both you and her said I needed a vacation and here it is." I said as I threw my arms up in the air and then placed them back at my sides.

"Well tell your mother and grandma hi for me. I hope you have a wonderful time." He said as he kissed my cheek before walking into the bathroom.

"Me too."

A/N:

So I should be studying....eh.