3 • QUEEN AEMMA ARRYN

The Lady of Seven Kingdoms, Queen Aemma Arryn, second wife to King Viserys Targaryen, is in her mid 30s.

Stepmother to the King's first born son Prince Geralt Targaryen, although, she yearns to have her own heirs inline for the succession of the iron throne.

After birthing Rheanyra, Aemma had several miscarriages, still births and deaths in the cradle, yet Viserys still wants a son from Aemma, even though he sidelined Geralt and named Daemon his official heir.

After so many trails and their last consummation, the Queen is currently 6 moons pregnant and the realm is tensed, hoping the gods will favor Aemma and bless her womb with a son: their future King.

The small woman is all belly. She lies abed, taking short breaths as she finds even simple movement to be a great labor.

With the help of her hand maidens she sat back straight, resting her back and head on the pillow while a handmaid fans her.

"A letter from Dorne, Your Grace." Jeyn announces at the doorway.

"Oh....Bring it here." Aemma says, gesturing her handmaid with a finger, whilst her tone rang so soft yet regal.

Jeyn strides to the Queen's side with a gold platter, rearing the letter itself.

Aemma pale face was instantly flushed with a smile as Jeyn approaches her, she takes the letter, waving Jeyn off, and gently breaks the wax to, unroll the parchment.

She began reading message with a smile etched on her lips but later it fell.

The Queen was flabagasted.

The letter however had some bad news and good news, Geralt called off his engagement with Lady Yennefer Martell and he plans on returning back to King's Landing on a fortnight.

"Finally...." Aemma sighs, her smile was weak. "My son is coming home." She says.

It's been eight years since Geralt left King's Landing for Dorne.

After the wildfire that broke out in his chambers twelve years ago, everyone thought the Prince wouldn't survive, she even lost hope that he was already dead in the fire, but surprisingly Geralt walked out admit the burning flame, unscarred, unburnt.

The boy since then became extraordinary powerful with supernatural strength, instincts and abilities that Viserys had to send him to Dorne to be trained in swordsmanship and also learn the mastery of controlling his powers.

Since then, every fortnight, Geralt sends a letter to Aemma as a promise to always keep in touch. A bond she wouldn't risk losing with her stepson, even though she is presently pregnant with another child, the heir.

"Mmmm." She softly groans, dropping the letter on a nearby stool.

Sweaty and flushed; strands of hair cling to the Queen's forehead. The room is busy with attending handmaids.

A Septa lights candles, and a Maester sits at a writing desk making notes. Rhaenyra arrives and stands in the doorway, looking in on her mother but keeping her distance. Alicent stands beside her in support.

Rhaenyra thought of lies she could come up with but her mother was quick to sight her.

"Ah..... Rheanyra. Where have you been?" Aemma demanded.

Rheanyra turns to her best friend. But Alicent shrugs and whispered. "I can't help you."

Rheanyra makes a face at Alicent, then looks back to her mother, crossing the threshold into the chamber, gently she walks in slower yet at a subtle pace with grace and poise as befitting a princess.