30 • MYSARIA OF YI-TI

Standing before a mirror, Elinda Massey helps the princess lace up a simple red dress and tie it's knots. She proceeds to brush her silver white hair, styling it with a weave adding little gold hair pins.

The handmaid picks a small vial off the princess's dressing table, her favourite perfume, gently, she dabs the oil on the princess's wrist, elbows, behind her ears and on the sides of her neck.

The smell of floral strawberry floated off Rheanyra, the stench was seductive and soothing.

She is going to visit her brother in his chambers, since his arrival, they haven't had a moment together, so she hoped they could talk privately. Alone.

After checking her reflection in the mirror, Rheanyra smiles with fulfilment and stand up, Elinda goes on to arrange her wardrobe while she proceeds out of her chambers to Geralt's quarters as Ser Harrold trails behind her.

Arriving at the South Wing, she straightens her dress, takes a deep breath then knocks on the witcher's door.

"Enter." A voice says from the inside.

"I thought I wouldn't find you in your chambers." Rheanyra stood at the door way, her voice beaming with glee.

Geralt looks up from his study table grinning. "I'm always in my chambers." He dips the pen in the ink.

"I disagree." She proceeds further into the room as Ser Harrold shuts the door behind her.

"Why don't you have guards stationed outside your chambers?" She goes to takes few grapes from his intricate bronze bowl rearing on his small dining table.

"Or is it because you're a Witcher?" She eats the grapes, one by one, gently.

"Because I don't need them.... I like my privacy." Geralt's voice was deep yet polite and he could easily sense his sister's scent.

"Hmm... You smell lovely." He remarks.

Rheanyra blushed. "Thank you." Hoping he'd look up, but he never did.

"Where were you last night, I came to your chambers and you weren't here." Rheanyra asks him, whilst he scribbles on the parchment.

"I was busy.....with Legolas." Geralt lies, reminiscing his hangover at the brothels in the Streets of Silk.

"I heard you brought in a Bard from Flea Bottom to work for our family." She takes her pace slowly.

"Jaskier. He has raw talent....you should see him play." Geralt appraised, not looking up from the parchment.

"I anticipate." She says keenly.

"Which reminds me, I didn't see you at the council meeting this morrow." He questioned looking to meet Rheanyra's gaze, then his eye trailing her red dress. She looked beautiful, like her mother.

"I er was having breakfast with mother. She wanted me to spend time with her."

"Oh... How is she?"

"Good. But I still think she needs to be attended to, the babe is stressing her." Rheanyra's voice etch with worry.

"She is always attended to sister, you needn't worry yourself, mother will be fine." He assures her.

Rheanyra sighs and shrugs. "If you say so."

"I know so." Geralt smirks, dipping his pen in the ink as he continues to write.

"You said you wanted to tell me something, it's been a month and few weeks now." Geralt counters

Rheanyra nods, fiddling with the rings in her fingers. "Yes,"

"Come... Sit." He offers as she occupies the seat in front of him.