14 • THE PRINCE AND THE LADY

He stood behind, gazing at her with his piercing yellow-gold eyes and a smile that can be terrifying, yet he stared deeply into her soul.

Alicent's breath shuddered and Geralt felt every inch of it, he could feel her heartbeat yet his eyes didn't leave her brown orbs.

He strictly scrutinized her head to toe whilst Alicent stood gracefully, poised, strongly holding a grip to her emotions from disgracing herself while the Prince stared at her with his dangerous gaze.

The Queen was definitely right, Geralt attested, Alicent Hightower is truly a comely maiden at court as to her unique beauty, yet her fragrance was like the wine of Babylon, very feminine, seductive yet innocently alluring.

"Good day...... Prince Geralt." Alicent curtysied in respect, lowering her head until she rose up to meet his fearsome gaze while clutching on to the manuscript close to her chest.

Nonetheless, Geralt didn't reply not say a word to her, not only was he now attracted to her, he hated the fact that she was very beautiful and magnanimous as Aemma had describe earlier, yet he feared she might be his nemeses and he was ready do anything to stop himself from falling for her.

Alicent cleares her throat and takes a deep breath. "It is not good for a gentleman to stare at a Lady unprovocative like that my prince." She outrightly calls him out on his bad attitude.

Geralt smirks, still staring at her. "Hmm. Unprovocative." He eyes her head to toe.

"You look appealing to me." Geralt says remarkably

Alicent is taken aback yet butterflies filled her heart, she sighs and rolls her eyes, ignoring him as she turns to look for her mother's necklace, but she smiles in the process.

"I believe you're looking for this." Geralt brings out the emblem from his pocket, the necklace clinks in his hands and the precious stones of the seven stars sparkled against the sun.

Suddenly, Alicent turns, her eyes grew, shocked to see her mother's necklace with his Prince, dangling in the air.

Geralt eyes didn't leave hers as well, he read them, the pools of her eyes had many hidden secrets.

Alicent clutched the manuscript to her chest tightly, embarrassed, it's obvious he did see her last night.

"Gods I'm in trouble." She thought in my mind.

"Ofcourse you're in trouble." Geralt says remarkably with a mockery in his deep voice.

Alicent frowns yet surprised. "How did you read my mind?"

"Why did you run away last night?" He ignores her question, gently demanding an answer.

Alicent inhales softly, swallowing the bile in her throat.

"I didn't run." She lies.

"Lying is a sin, I thought the High Septon preached against that in the Holy Sept." Geralt eyes her yet was amused she boldly tell a lie.

Alicent defends herself. "I speak the truth."

"Hmm, did you now?" Geralt retorts.

The Prince slowly began approaching her, one foot at a time. Alicent's gaze shifted to his sword in his hand, the Valyrian steel was brazenly sharp and the blade gleamed against the sun.

Instantly fear slightly gripped Alicent yet she gathered the courage to not throw herself at the Prince nor swoon at his gaze.

The more Geralt drew closer, Alicent felt her world crushing, she stood glued at her position, it seemed her legs were stiff, but then Geralt had finally stood over her, face to face, his eyes never left her hers and hers never left his.