17 • THE QUEEN'S DILEMMA

A Septa lights candles, and a Maester sits at a writing desk making notes, other handmaids move hither and thither on endless errands.

The empty vases are quickly replaced with lavenders and tulips, giving the ambiance a feminine touch, to which always Aemma loves.

Her white cat and her brown cat, mewed proudly on their cushions, as a servant came to pour fresh milk in their bowls and crumbled fresh pie in their plates.

The room smelled sweet.

"Send for Alicent immediately." Aemma grunts softly as Jeyne helped her up to the dinning table.

Queen Aemma sent for Alicent on the morrow to join her for breakfast, it appears the she has an hidden agenda unknown to her children.

Since Geralt has broken up with Yennefer, she thought if he could get him acquainted to Alicent, and be.......friends.

She hopes her stepson would one-day fall in love, and she prays the Seven bless his heart to end up in the arms of a good partner.

"Alicent is joining us for breakfast this morrow?" Rheanyra questioned as she was already seated stiff, on the dinning table, looking rather angry and somewhat nervous and shocked.

"Yes she is.... I want her to join us, do you have a problem with that?" Aemma shot her a knowing glare.

Rheanyra grins with a fake smile. "Ofcourse not." She says, playing with her cutleries.

Aemma studied her for a while, before looking over to Geralt.

"You too Geralt, are you going to stand there bored all day? Come and eat."

"Hmm. the serene is beautiful from here." Geralt remarks.

"Indeed it is, but nothing is more beautiful to a pregnant woman, than eating whatever she wants." Aemma says as she orders the servant to begin arraying the table.

Her handmaid Jeyne arrives at the Tower of the Hand, knocking on Lady Alicent's door.

After relaying the Queen's message, Alicent instantly feels nervous and dresses up in a purple gown, and follows Jeyne to the West wing of Maegor's Holdfast.

But when she arrived at the Queen's door post, Ser Harrold, curtly bows. Alicent half smiles and looks on into the chamber.

She sees Prince Geralt leaning beside a window, looking outside, unapologetically handsome, his side frame was artistic and sexy.

Alicent swallows hard as goosebumps evaded her body.

Unfortunately she peers in and see that Rheanyra too was there, her best friend sat beside her mother's on a dinning table as servants arrayed it with delicacies, mouth watering cuisines.

Yet Rheanyra was looking moody while Aemma spoke to her.

Alicent retreats her steps and had to run back, she can't have breakfast with the Queen, not when Rheanyra and her aren't on speaking terms, and not to mention breathing the same air with Geralt.

"Lady Alicent, where are you going?" Jeyne's voice is slightly raised at the entrance, Ser Harrold furrowed his brows confused as he watched Lady Alicent running off.

In the chamber, Queen Aemma, Geralt and Rheanyra turned to see the handmaid, looking out the door post.

"Alicent? Is she here already?" Aemma demands, craning her neck gently, but no one says anything.

The Hand maids were all busy going hither and thither.

Rheanyra sat quietly, not uttering a word, observing the table as the servants served her food.