5 • THE SMALL COUNCIL

"I would be delighted." Viserys lights up at the suggestion of this new subject. "Will the maesters' name day prediction hold, Mellos?"

"You must understand that such things are mere estimations, my king... but we have all pored over the moon charts and we feel that our forecast is as accurate as one could hope." The Grand Maester explained.

"The cost of this tournament is not negligible. Perhaps we might delay until the child is in hand?" Lord Beesbury suggests as Lord Lyonel speaks up.

"Ugh... that's unadvisable, most of the lords and knights are certainly on the way to King's Landing already. To turn them back now -"

"-- The tourney will take the better part of a week. Before the games are over, my second son will be born, and the whole realm will celebrate." Viserys confidently says.

"I feel compelled to remind you, my king, that we have no way of predicting the sex of the child." Mellos reminds him.

"Of course, no maester is capable of rendering an opinion free of conditions." Viserys countered as he takes a drink of his wine, emptying the cup.

Rhaenyra, the king's only daughter, dutifully comes to her father's side, refills his cup while he speaks about her unborn sibling.

"Forgive me, Your Grace. But I would be loathe to provide any false hope." Maester Mellos says as the king sets a serious gaze upon him.

He is certain his wife is carrying a male babe, a boy, his second son and heir. Daemon is reckless and dangerous, fought in wars and yet he is violent and violent.

And his first born Geralt has a legitimate claim to the iron throne, but Viserys wouldn't name him his heir due to the reasons that his son posseses supernatural strengths and powers that could harm anyone who gets under his skin.

Geralt is immune to fire and Viserys fears he might become his great great great grandfather Maegor the Cruel, reborn again or even worse then Daemon.

But the child Aemma is carrying will be the heir to the iron throne and realm will be at peace and not be thrown off balance, into chaos.

"There's a boy in the Queen's belly! I know it! My heir will soon put all this damnable hand-wringing to rest himself." Viserys declared as the men went silent.

Suddenly the doors of the chambers are abruptly opened, the small council turn their heads to see the Mistress of Whispers, striding in.

"Lady Tissaia!" Viserys grins as the woman walks in, and immediately the doors were shut behind her.

Formerly known a Lady of Riverrun, Tissaia Tully, a widower of Lord Gaius Tully, who died during the last days of King Jaehaerys.

Married at the age of eight and ten, Tissaia could not produce an heir for her late husband due to her state of barrenness, and so the legitimacy was passed unto her brother in-law Grover Tully, who is now the Lord and Warden of Riverrun, with many sons sired from his loins.

Since then Tissaia now bears her father's name, Lady Tissaia Darklyn.

Presently she is a young strikingly beautiful woman in her late forties, with wavy black hair and emerald green eyes, fair skin, with a slender, graceful figure.

Her uncle Ser Steffon Darklyn is a knight in the King's Guard.

Her elder brother, Gunthor Darklyn, is the Lord of Duskendale.

Gunthor sired many sons, and despite his sister being barren, out of compassion, Gunthor gave his last offsprings, twins, to Tissaia to take to ward: Jocelyn and Ramsey Darklyn.