18 • THE WEIRWOOD TREE

"She fled with her ships.🎼

and her people,

her heart broken for those..."🎼

"Under the dragon's eye,

under the dragon's eye."🎼

''🎼

'.'🎼

It was now Mid-day, Samwell, a royal bard who lived in the Red Keep is playing under the weirwood tree when Alicent comes unannounced.

"Lady Alicent." He stood up abruptly, curtly bowing, before taking his leave.

"You don't have to leave Samwell..... " Alicent calls after him as he halts in his tracks and turns to her.

"Do continue,... I really enjoy your songs." Alicent half smiles while she held a book and the basket of fruits Fruits Queen Aemma sent to her.

The aurburn haired then proceeds to sit on the cushions under the white tree, Samwell returns to sit at the farthest end as he continues to plays a song on his lute while Alicent continues to eat a red apple, listening to his voice.

Alicent rested her back under the weirwood tree alone, reading while she ate the fruit from the basket the Queen gifted her.

She even offered Samwell some fruits, he gladly took one apple, Alicent gestures him to take another to which he oblige.

"She fled with her ships.🎼

and her people,

her heart broken for those..."🎼

"Under the dragon's eye,

under the dragon's eye."🎼

''🎼

Whilst Samwell played on his lute, Alicent thought of her childhood, her past and present.

She reminded herself she is a Lady and Rheanyra is a Princess, she can't compare herself to her.

Their lives are different.

Although she finally admits that she is quite an anxious rule follower, in comparison to how free and mischievous Rheanyra is, yet her father has always said she needs to be a proper lady with etiquette, grace, poise and elegance.

Otto even told her this morrow to be properly behaved and avoid trouble, stay away from corrupt maidens at court, else she won't find a good match for a lord.

Apparently, her father tells her he's so proud of her and will always love her, but she has to focus on her studies and always carry herself with pride and dignity like the beacon on the Hightower.

"Our words are?" Otto demanded.

"We light the way." Alicent smiles brightly.

"That's my daughter..... I love you." Otto holds her shoulders smiling, pecks her forehead and hugs her.

"I love you father."

The gentle wind brushed her fair skin and aurburn hair, Alicent sighs and opens the hard-bound, illuminated manuscript. as it flipped over to the torn page of Princess Nymeria story, instantly memories of Rheanyra flushed her mind and she felt sad.

"Is that bad to like someone?" Alicent mutters to herself in a low tone, as she began bitting her curticule, feeling triggered by the words of Rheanyra, comparing her to a whore.

Alicent paused, when a sharp wind blew the wound in her fingernails, a harsh painful hiss left her mouth. She shuddered.

"Why will Rheanyra address like me that, is it wrong to talk to Geralt? I mean he's human just like me." Alicent questioned herself in low tone for Samwell not to hear.