21 • STREETS OF SILK

Queen Aemma is In her private apartments, soaked in a warm bath. Her eyes are closed and her head is laid over the tub's lip.

"You spend more time in that bath than I do on the throne." Viserys comes in regally.

Aemma opens one eye to look at her king, while the servants acknowledge him.

"Your Grace." They bow lowly.

"Everyone out." Aemma commands as the servants and handmaids in the wings quickly vacate at the king's coming.

As soon as they deserted the chamber, Jeyn shuts he door behind her, standing outside with the servants, along with the King's Guard.

"How was breakfast with the children this morrow?"

"Splendid darling, you should've joined us." Aemma tells him amusingly.

Viserys shrugs. "I had pressing business to attend to...... you seem to be enjoying yourself in the tub." He approaches her side.

"This is the only place I can find comfort these days." Aemma chuckles softly.

"I just saw Lady Tissaia not quite long. She said she came to visit." Viserys tells her as he takes a seat on the stool beside the tub.

"I was surprised to see her as well. She's a good woman, she came bearing gift's as well." Aemma remarked, looking over at her mahogany table.

"Very thoughtful her." Aemma concurs.

"Even her niece Jocelyn." Viserys counters.

"Yes, the girl too was kind and sweet, she even offered to join my ladies in waiting to assit me when the baby is born." Aemma says calmly.

"What was your response?" Viserys asked as took his wife hand, kissing her knuckles.

"I declined, I don't like her synergy, besides i already have many ladies in waiting, I don't need another handful, certainly not a Darklyn." Aemma says breezily.

Viserys laughs. "Do you have a dislike for their house?." Viserys pecks her forehead.

"At all... but the girl is very beautiful though... I've heard rumours that five suitors rejected her, five fine lords who came for her hand in marriage yet she refuses to marry any of them, very weird." Aemma whispered softy.

"I even thought she might be a good match for Geralt." Viserys quipped.

Aemma inclines her head dismissively. "Jocelyn to Geralt, she's twenty and three, our son is twenty, It won't work." She enunciated.

"Age is just a number my dear Aemma, do you remember when we got married." Viserys reminds her, grinning.

"Spare me our lovey dovey fairly tales Viserys." The Queen taps his nose, chucking.

The King laughs wholeheartedly.

"I'm merely suggesting Jocelyn my love, I want our son to get married.... Make you and me a proud grandsire."

"Geralt will marry in due time Viserys, don't be in haste to choose a bride nor pressure him, he just returned home from Dorne, he needs to get familiar with court life to understand his duties." Aemma informs him.

"I agree." Viserys kisses her knuckles.

"And by the way Jocelyn is not a match for my son, there are other sweet girls. I like a comely maiden, one with a pure spirit."

"Dare I ask whom?" Viserys looks at her face.

"I cannot say whom, because I'm not sure if Geralt will court her or not, but I hope he does, it'll make me happy to see them end up together." Aemma smiles sweetly remembering her late friend, Alison Tyrell.