15 • AN ORANGE LETTER

"Tell me the truth Alicent, I know what I saw, my brother was this close to you, very close. Almost kissing you." Rheanyra tone was slightly raised, as words flew out of Alicent mouth.

"Rheanyra that's not true." Alicent defends herself.

"So my eyes deceive me then? I know what I saw and you can't deny it." Rheanyra says with impugnity.

Alicent doesn't say a word. She remained speechless.

"You're misinterpreting what you saw Rheanyra." Alicent assures her.

"Then prove it to me!" Rheanyra shrugs and doesn't flinch, she just outrightly gazed her best friend with suspicion.

"How do you mean?" Alicent creased her brows, confused.

"Don't be precocious with me Alicent, drop the pretense." Rheanyra spat.

"I am not pretending Rheanyra! You have to believe me."

"Believe you?" Rheanyra scoffs. "Do you have a crush on Geralt too?"

"Wha-what?" Alicent stutters, gripping the manuscrit close to her chest. She would not let Rheanyra discover her irrational crush for Geralt Targaryen, no one can find out about this.

"Do you like him too? Or would you like to be his rebound bride, replacing Yennefer?" Rheanyra folds her arms staring daggers at Alicent disspeakablely.

"Rheanyra! How could yo......."

"Look into my eyes and swear it Alicent! Tell me the truth of it and don't lie! Correct me if I'm wrong then."

"Rheany....."

"Do you have feelings for him?"

"Rheanyra?"

"Tell me you're not falling for my brother Alicent, every girl at court wants a taste of him, like that good for nothing whoremonger Penelope Beesbury, who'd shamelessly give her maidenhead without honor or respect for her family, or tis you too interested? Are you craving for my brother's attention that you'd like to lose your maiden.........."

"Enough Princess Rheanyra! Stop this at once!" Alicent exclaims, as some knights and men-at-arms turns to their direction.

Rheanyra instantly felt a whoosh of foolishness with her actions, she knew she went out character outright accusing her best friend wrongly.

"I'm-im so sorry Alic...."

Embarrassed, tears fell down Alicent's cheeks, she shuddered and walks away from the princess before she could finish her sentence.

She ran as fast as her legs could take her. She felt disappointed and angry Rheanyra addressed her that way, questioning her virtue.

The only thing she heard was the clashing of blades and splintering swords that rang aloud in the courtyard while the wind blew cold against her hair.

Right there as she exist the courtyard, Alicent swore to kill any crush or feelings she harboured for Prince Geralt even though she had just lied to Rheanyra she wasn't falling for him.

Alicent finally knew the Prince is indeed dangerous and off limits she thought, and due to Rheanyra's outbursts, her intuitions were right, Prince Geralt might end up becoming her nemesis.

After that day, Rheanyra and Alicent stopped talking to each for for almost two weeks, each time they both sighted each other in the Red Keep, they often looked away, avoiding to cross paths, neither of the them were happy.

They even sat separately from each other in Septa Mallow's class, to their dismay.

Alicent thought it's best to stay away from the princess due to her mental health being affected by the situation.