22 • YENNEFER: PRINCESS OF DORNE || PART 1

Dorne was the last of the Seven Kingdoms to swear fealty to the Iron Throne. Blood, custom, geography, and history all helped to set the Dornish men apart from the other kingdoms.

Whatever wars they fought Dorne took no part,but when Lady Visenna De Rivia Martell married Prince Viserys Targaryen, Sunspear declared it's support for King Jaehaerys.

The Martell banner is a red sun pierced by a golden spear.Their words are Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Doran Nymeros Martell, Lord of Sunspear, Prince of Dorne, married his first wife Yvonne of Naath, who gave birth to their first daughter Yennefer.

When the little princess was seven, tragedy claimed her mother's life, Yvonne died of an incurable disease. Cancer.

Doran, remarried and took another wife
Mellario, of the Free City of Norvos, who gave him three children, two sons and one daughter: Prince Quentyn, Prince Trystane, and Princess Ellia Martell.

However Mellario, Yennefer's step mother pretended to be a doting mother to Yen but she envied her inheritance.

Scheming to have her husband wrapped around her fingers, Mellario persuades Doran to make their son Quentyn heir of Sunspear, but Doran refuses her avances.

"Yennefer is my first seed and she will inherit my seat, if you slander my daughter's name again Mellario, I will dissolve our marriage and cut out your tongue!" Doran threatened his wife to hid his warning.

Since then Mellario held her tongue, she feared Doran, although she never stopped her plans, she began plotting ways to cause a rift between the father and daughter but fate proved itself unlucky.

Visenna's death took a huge toll on Doran, she was his favourite cousin and friend, yet he blamed Viserys for her demise.

After a preposition was sent from King's Landing to broker an alliance again, Doran agreed to wed Yennefer to Geralt Targaryen.

It was a certainty for the Martells to gain a full ground at court and their blood will sit upon the Iron throne, unfortunately that was where Yennefer didn't play her cards right, instead the game of thrones played her dirty.

Despite being a virgin in disguise, Yennefer was deeply in love with the Witcher, but her heart belonged to someone else, unbeknownst of her household.

Mellario knew her stepdaughter had the upper hand of becoming the Queen consort of the Seven Kingdoms and heir to the Dornish seat, and yet fate worked in her favour and shot Yennefer right in the foot, to the advantage of Mellario.

One day, at the hour of the owl, it was eerie and dark, Mellario woke up parched and hungry, she rose up from her bed and decided to visit the kitchen to make herself some warm milk and omelette bread to satisfy her cravings.

After doing the needful and quenching her hunger, she set to return to her chambers but took another route in the palace.

As she walked in the deserted hallways, she suddenly hears sexual noises coming from the farthest end of an old secret chamber.

Weird, she tiptoed, thinking it was her servants having fun, but as she drew closer to the scene, gently opening the door to pip, she sees Yennefer naked in all fours, being banged from behind by Istred.

Startled, Mellario gently closed and door, still hearing the sounds, she rue the day Yennefer will ascend the seat but now, her son will rule Dorne. Gracefully she returned to her chambers smiling at her new found victory.

It came as a shocking news to everyone as Geralt Targaryen called off his wedding to Yennefer, but Mellario knew the truth.

Despite her step daughter's fake tears, lying to her father she didn't know why Geralt broke up with her,made Doran cut ties with Viserys Targaryen.