12 • THE ROGUE PRINCE

Aemma pouts, shaking her head. "You certainly don't know anyone except Nilfgaard. You need to start attending functions Geralt, you must make friends" She retorts.

Geralt lets out a scoff.

"You said you were training out last night?"

"Hmm, and she......."

"Alicent must have dropped it then." Aemma cuts him off, gazing at the necklace, truly missing Alicent's mother.

"I'd like to believe that." Geralt feigns ignorantly.

"What are you trying to insinuate Geralt." Aemma gave him a knowing look.

Geralt looks at her brazen-faced. "What do you want me to say?"

Aemma looks at him appalled.

"Alicent is a good girl. She's the daughter of your father's Hand, and also Rheanyra's best friend." Aemma explained giving the necklace back to Geralt.

"Hmm. Rheanyra's best friend. Amusing." he feigned.

"You know after you left for Dorne, she became closet to Rheanyra." Aemma gushed.

Geralt seemed quite un-borthered.

"You seem quite taken by her." Geralt stares at Aemma's face skeptically while she continues staring at the necklace in-between her manicured fingers.

"She's a comely maiden at your father's court, I thought you knew her."

"I haven't met her before, the girls at court all look the same." Geralt says cheekily as the necklace were still entangled in her fingers.

"Not all of them Geralt. Some of the maidens may be rotten to the core, but there are others who are well raised from respectable homes. Very different. Alicent is one of them, very lovely." Aemma defends with certainty.

"She's quite innocent from the rest." Aemma rasped.

"Is she?"

"Ofcourse she is, she's respectful and kind. I'm sure she must be looking for the necklace, maybe it fell off her neck at the balcony by mistake." Aemma counters.

"Mistake?.... Hmm." Geralt poked his cheek, staring at the emblem of the Seven Faith.

"You should return it back to her, maybe get to know her from there, who knows she might be different from Yennefer." Aemma suggested

Geralt scoffs distastefully, he understood what his step mother meant but he didn't appreciate it one bit.

Even though he discreetly whored around the brothels of Dorne wildly, Yennefer made him give up that life, he had to stop, because he chose to, for her.

He loved her and yet their paths would no longer cross. No woman can mend his broken heart, no one. Geralt swore.

The girls at court only threw themselves at him because he's a Prince, because of his Valyrian blood.

Who'd love a man who slayed demons, creatures and monsters? Who'd love a man with magic? Who'd love a Witcher like him? Geralt lets out a sigh.

However he gazed down at the emblem of the pointed Seven stars in his hands as the previous stones sparkled, especially the emeralds.

"Alicent Hightower." He mutters underneath his breath.

He needed to meet this girl the Queen spoke so highly of, maybe she'd explain to him why she suddenly ran off like a banshee when their eyes coincidentally met last night.

Geralt couldn't get over her imprinted scents in his senses.

"You should meet her Geralt, she's always with Rheanyra, those two seem quite inseparable." Aemma mused rubbing her belly as Geralt sighs standing up on his feet, putting the necklace back at the breast pocket of his dragon suit.