13 • LOVE & FRIENDSHIP

Later on in the afternoon, after lessons had ended with Septa Mallow, Alicent sits in the Godswood against the white trunk of the ancient weirwood tree which is in full spring bloom.

The sun filters through red leaves as large as hands. The tree's carved red face seems to stare down at Alicent, while the cool wind blew her aurburn hair gently.

Softly she brushed her hair behind her ears and smiled sweetly, remembering what she saw last night. Her crush was indescribable.

Alicent sat alone thinking of Geralt for a while, until her mind drifted to her mother's necklace, which she doesn't think she would recover, yet it was giving her anxiety.

"I need to go to the courtyard later, maybe it fell there while I ran yesterday." She sighs looking up to the weirwood tree for a while.

Rheanyra comes out from the doorway leading into the Godswood where she sees her best friend looking up lost in thoughts.

Rheanyra proceeds in with a bright smile on her face. "I knew I'd find you here reading." She concurs while approaching the aurburn haired under the tree.

Alicent jerks, "Rheanyra!" She whimpers, then smiles wholeheartedly.

"Are you alright? I walked in and it seemed like you were lost in thoughts,, is something the matter?" Rheanyra questioned as she sat down beside Alicent staring at her face.

Alicent pursed her lips. "It's nothing, I'm just thinking of Septa Mallow's forth coming test." She lied.

Rheanyra hisses. "I don't think I'm doing any of that." She says bluntly.

Alicent creased her brow surprised at her words. "You're joking right? This is Septa Mallow were talking about, our teacher. She won't be linient with you Rheanyra. The test is a form to know if we've been studying." Alicent reminds her.

Princess Rhaenyra didn't care, she just lies with her head in Alicent's laps unborthered.

"Then I think I'll fail, I haven't been studying these days." She confesses with a sigh.

Alicent deadpans. "Ofcourse you haven't, you've been flying around on Syrax since your brother returned."

Rheanyra's face crept in a smile. "More reason why I'm not doing any test, it's boring, I enjoy being with Geralt, than be in Septa Mallow's class." She sincerely says.

Alicent lips gently etched in a little smile, trying to hide the blush from her cheek after hearing Geralt's name.

Her mind drifted back to when she watched him last night training at the courtyard, the memory still lingered in her thoughts, the motion he swinged his sword, his stance and stamina, even when their eyes met and she ran away, very embrassing, Alicent just hoped he didn't recognize her.

"You won't even believe what that stupid blondy is up to." Rheanyra murmurs distastefully, snapping Alicent out of her thoughts.

"What?"