Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Melissa's POV

it's been 3 months and i made sure that John and Nella don't ever get a chance to meet. i don't want his memory to return. i want him to remain the way he is now. i told him that we can start all over again and that we can start by having our weekly dates.he was all sweet and caring ang he even told me that he doesn't need to start all over again cause he's sure that i really am his girlfriend.

"Babe, where do you want this?" John asked me while he was moving our boxes in the house. we decided to move away. from LA i brought him here in Chicago. this is a new place, no body knows him here. i told Jake to take care of Nella and tell me when she goes out of town and where she goes so that we can avoid her. so far so good.

"what's inside the box babe?"

"uhmm.. pots and other things."

"oh. place them there at the counter top. i'll go unpack them later after i unpack the plates." i went back to unpacking the plates then i felt John's arms around my waist.

"i love you" he said while his head was on my shoulder.

"i love you too John" i said then i turned around to face him.

"thanks for being here for me, i know it's hard that i don't remember anything until now but i love that you're patient with me."

"that's what i'm here for. i'm here to make sure you're great."

"you make me feel like a new person." he said then kissed me sweetly on the lips. i felt a pang of guilt. he became a new person because of me. i made him a new bank account and other personal stuff but i didn't dare make him a new driver's license and sss number. i just tell him it's best if i drive.

"what do you want for dinner?" i asked him and he thought for a while before answering.

"lasagna. for some reason i think that food has meaning." he smiled then went back outside to get our boxes. i kept thinking. when we were together, his favorite food wasn't lasagna. maybe he grew to like it.

Nella's POV

it's been a month and i'm finally coping but i still have that feeling that there was something wrong about the whole accident. Jake has been a darling since the accident. he has always been there for me and i love that he's doing so much to make sure i'm ok.

"Nell, do you want to go out tonight?" Jake asked me while we were driving from school. i have started school after Spike died. i still wore my necklace with his initials, i still had his clothes in our apartment, i still have all the things for our wedding. i even wore his watch.

"sure Jakey." he smiled at me and took me to my apartment.

"i'll come get you at 7 ok? where something warm" he said then kissed me on the cheek before i got out of the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: listen to the song whle you read this part it's so sad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i went in my apartment, i had this habit of going to Spike's old room and stand at the door when i get home and look inside his room. i wanted to see if he came back and decided to surprise me by telling me that he was not dead and that i was only having a nightmare. but when i got there. it was still the same. the bed was untouched. the curtains were still pulled over the windows. i looked at his closet. i took out one of his high school jackets. i smelled it and i felt tears in my eyes. after all this time, i still miss him. i still miss MY Spike. i miss how he hugs me and makes me feel better. i miss how he looks at me like i'm the only girl that he will ever love and i miss how he makes me feel special and loved. i cried until i can't cry anymore and looked at the clock. it's 4 pm. i have to get ready. i wouldn't want Jake to see that i was crying.

I've been crying for 2 hours. i got home around 2. i went to my room and dropped my bag and Spike's jacket. i decided to wear it. i went to bathroom and took a shower. i did my make up which was basically eyeliner, mascara, a little blush and lip gloss. when i was finished getting dressed it was only 630. i still have 30 mins to wait for Jake so i decide to do my homeworks and draw. i had a project. i was to design a hotel. if the owners like it they will pay me and i get to have my work built in Chicago. i always wanted to go there. but since i started school i never left.

i drew and drew until i heard the doorbell. i looked at the monitor and saw that it was Deb.

"hey Deb" i hugged her and she hugged me back. she saw me wearing Spike's jacket and gave me a sad smile. she was his mother but i think she's managing better than me.

"hello dear, i came here to make sure you were ok." she said lovingly. she was always like a mother to me.

"i'm ok Deb. in fact i was going out tonight. would you like to join me?" she smiled at me and i can see that she was happy that i'm going out again. this is the first time i will go out in 3 months. i have locked myself up in this house for the past couple of months and i find it odd that Jake never got tired of me. maybe he does love me. i smiled at the thought but quickly shook it away.

"it''s ok dear. i just stopped by to see if you were ok and i was going totell you that i'm going back to Boston later."

"oh. have a safe trip Deb. don't worry about me. i have danny and Jake here. i'll be ok."

"Jake's a good kid. maybe you should give him a chance." Deb smiled at me and i nodded just to reassure her. she hugged me and then left. i went back to drawing. i looked at the clock and Jake was late. he was suppose to be here 10 minutes ago.

i took my phone and dialed his number. ring.... ring... ring... No answer. i left a voice mail telling him to call me ASAP. i went back to drawing then i heard the doorbell. FINALLY. i was starting to worry,

"i thought you-" i stopped and looked at the one in front of me. it wasn't Jake

"hello Nell, long time no see."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry it was kinda sad but you have to see that nella's not over Spike and that it's important for the next chapters. :)

VOTE COMMENT ENJOY :D