The Living Virus

July 2015

~Edited July 12, 2015~

^Destiny's POV^

I was watching Chase, Adam, and Leo play 'Mental Chaos' from one of the red stools near the counter. Davenport made the game and they were close on getting to the final level. I was in queue in case anyone would drop out and I was unfortunate for now.

"Yes! We're totally gonna make it to the final level!" Chase announced.

"Alright, just don't jinx-" I started to say but was cut off by the game's noises, announcing that they had lost. They sat down on the couch in disbelief. "And you jinxed yourself." I muttered.

"I just wasted three hours of my life getting to that level. I'm never playing Mental Chaos again!" Leo told us which earned two 'me neithers' from the others.

"Good, well then I could just-" I started to walk towards them but I was interrupted.

"Again!" They all stood up from the couch and they started to play the game. I sighed and sat back on the stool again.

"Leo, will you stop playing that game? It is nothing but a huge time waster that is going to rot your brain." Tasha walked up to Leo, but Leo ignored her.

"Oh! Mental Chaos! I call next!" Davenport said while walking down the stairs and jumping over the couch.

"Join the queue, Davenport. I'm next!" I told him as I hurriedly got out of the stool and stood next to Tasha.

"Donald! I was just telling Leo that he's playing too much!" Tasha told Davenport while looking at me with a glare I shrugged off. I walked over to Adam so that he could give the equipment to me since I was next.

"You're telling me! He almost beat my high score!" Davenport pointed to the screen and started to put the glove on.

"I'm just saying, this game is affecting him. Last week he tried to pause me. Twice!" Tasha told him which made us all laugh.

"That'd really come in handy!" Davenport said to us but turned to Tasha. "If it wasn't so wrong."

"Okay, Leo, what else are you interested in?" Davenport asked while giving his glove to Adam.

"Well, I keep telling you that I'd love to work with you in the lab." Leo brought up.

"Yeah, and I keep telling you that I don't want to die in a fiery explosion!" Davenport walked over to the counter.

"Donald, this is perfect!" Tasha brought Leo towards Davenport. Me, Chase, and Adam started playing the game but with the volume in our helmets, so that we couldn't hear the rest of the conversation. I was about to blow up the main power source until my helmet was taken off of my head.

"Hey!" I turned around to see Davenport standing on the couch with my helmet.

"You're coming with me to keep Leo in check!" Davenport jumped off the couch and placed the helmet on the counter.

"Aww, man! Sorry, guys!" I said to Chase and Adam who were weirdly standing next to each other very closely. I placed my glove next to the helmet and turned to see Bree talking about her sleepover.

"How come she gets a sleepover?" Chase asked Tasha and Davenport.

"Because she needs to socialize with more girls-" Tasha answered but I stopped her.

"Hey! You know what-, that was offensive! I'm going to the lab!" I gave up in the middle of my sentence and went to the elevator.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-