Rats on a Train

February 2015

~Edited July 8, 2015~

-----Destiny's POV-----

"Okay guys, the next phase of your training is handling extreme climates. So we'll frost Chase, bake Bree, and submerge Adam. That's not part of the training, I just got one of those carnival dunk tanks and I can't wait to try it out!" Davenport laughed out.

"Let Destiny throw first! She has the aim of Hawkeye!" Leo told Davenport.

"It's true. It's a gift." I say as I dust off my shoulders.

"Okay, Chase. I'm setting your tube on 'Antarctic.' If it gets to be too much, just give me a sign." Davenport told Chase.

"Bring it!" Chase yelled through his tube.

"Hey, that's not fair! I want to be abused by weather." Leo said like a whiny baby.

"Leo, if you really want to be abused, try standing over here next to Adam's morning breath!" Bree sassed sassily.

"I don't have morning breath! It smells like that all day!" He said while smiling.

"Leo, these guys are genetically engineered to handle these kind of climates. You're not." Davenport said sternly.

"I can handle extreme cold!" Leo tried to convince Davenport.

"Leo, you get brain freeze from chewing mint gum!" I shoot him down, "you even told me that the cup was too cold for you and so you dropped it!"

"When did I drop a cup of milk?" He asked me.

"That night when Davenport was watching the movie with us. You told me the night after." I say as I cross my arms. (Chapter: Re-meeting Donald)

"Touché." Davenport's phone began to ring and he answered it.

"Davenport. What! That's terrible!" He said going back and forth away from the cyber desk, "I mean, that's awesome, but that's terrible! I gotta do something!" He then hangs up and puts his phone back into his pocket.

"What's going on? What's so terrible?" Adam asked Davenport.

"I created the world's fastest train, but now it's speed out of control full of highly explosive nuclonium towards downtown Welkerville!"

"Well, then what was awesome?" Bree asked.

"It's going like 400 miles an hour!" He said after laughing. Everyone was amazed, including me even though I would've been worried.

"Awesome!" Davenport and I high-fived each other and he continued.

"My entire career is riding or perhaps crashing on this train! I don't understand it! My design was flawless!" He started typing quickly on his computer.

"So flawless you forgot to include an emergency brake?" Leo asked smugly.

"No. I never counted on the conductor dropping his papaya smoothie all over the controls and then jumping off the train!" He countered back.

"Well, If I were to build a high-speed train, the first thing I would've put in was a cup holder. Oh and one of those bumper stickers on the back that says, 'I brake for cows.'"

"You know when stuff like this happens, they always blame the scientist. This is human error. Scientists don't make mistakes!"

"That's true! A scientist makes a serum to prevent something, a guy wants to test it out, and then the tester starts terrorizing people with it! Come on, it was the tester's fault!" I state. Davenport nods at me and we hear tapping on the capsule. We see Chase frozen and we all groan knowing that Davenport has to repeat himself. We let Chase out and Davenport repeated his story again. We try to warm him up and Davenport comes in the lab with a bag over his shoulder.