Birthday Movie Night

January 2015

~Edited July 8, 2015~

Previously on The Hidden Bionic:

I walked back home and I saw a letter on the counter. I opened it and I saw....

-8-8-8-8-8-8-

Dear Destiny,

Your father died from a plane crash while going back home from Peru.

He was a good man and I can't handle the depression. I didn't tell you how we met so I'm telling you now.

My parents arranged a marriage for me when I turned 19. I didn't even meet the person but when I did, he was a bad person. My parents made me go into the same school as him but I met a very special person.

It was your father. He helped me and I loved him ever since he saw how bad my unwanted arranged husband was. I ran away from my parents and I stayed with your father. There we finally had a relationship and we got married after a few years.

He was very important in my life and I can't live without him. I drove to Nevada and I might come back after 1-2 weeks.

Until then I hope you can take care of yourself or have someone from your school watch over you and their kid. See you after a few days.

Love,

Mom.

I open my mouth in surprise. No wonder I never met my grandparents from my mother's side. She was afraid to see them again. I also left my mouth hung open because she forgot my birthday week was this week. She didn't even leave anything except this letter.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

It's Tuesday now and I forgot my mom was still in Nevada. I sloppily ate my breakfast and walked to school. When I arrived at the school I saw Leo waiting for me.

"Hey Destiny!" Leo approached me and threw his arm around my shoulder.

"Umm hi and I'm guessing you need something."

"Wow I only know you for one day and you are already acting like a best friend who knows me already!" I chuckled at his joke and apparently he needed to know who to avoid and who to approach.

"Well obviously you can approach me. But I would say for you, avoid Trent, the football players, and Principal Perry. She is like an angry leprechaun with anger issues in a pantsuit."

"Good to know. Anyways lets go to English!"

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

"Okay here's what we can do and not do." I told Leo. He followed me into the cafeteria along with his lunch.

"We can't sit at the cool table because that's where the football players and the cheerleaders sit at. But we can sit at the table adjacent to it. Also you don't want to go to the cool table when the football players around." I informed.

"Why not?"

I pointed to another new kid that just at down on the cool kid table. I heard the football players coming in from their practice and I pushed me and Leo on the side of the door. We watched as Trent sniffed the poor kid and spilled a drink on the table. He picked up the kid and wiped the table with his face. He then grabbed two puddings cups and squirted it on the kid. The kid ran past us and into the boy's bathroom. Poor kid.

"Answers your question?" I asked smirking. He nodded up and down terrified at Trent.

Me and Leo spent a lot of time together. We immediately became best friends. I started to also hang out at his house after school. It was like my third home. Me and Leo were studying for a science test we had and it was next Tuesday. I kept staring into a random page of a book and thought about my life. Should I tell Tasha and Leo about the current situation? Should I tell them later that I'm bionic? I didn't know.

"Helllooo?? Earth to Destiny??" Leo asked while waving his hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my trance and continued to study with Leo. I was kind of quiet most of the time since I was mostly thinking. I looked at the time and saw it was 7:30 pm. I made an excuse about my mother being worried and left.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-

It's Friday! I tried avoiding Leo as much as possible but he was trying to meet up with me. I was able to avoid him but then dismissal came and he came up to me before I could leave the area.

"Destiny are you okay? You've been acting weirdly since Tuesday. Is there something wrong?" Leo asked. He was concerned since I didn't walk to his house with him yesterday. I didn't even text him.

"I'm-I'm fine. Nothing's wrong." I assured him.

"Where's your dad and your mom? I haven't met them yet."

My face fell and I looked on the floor. Leo must've seen my face and his face softened.

"Sorry is there something wrong with them?" He asked not being too buggy.

"My dad died in a plane crash on Monday and my mom left me to go to Nevada."

"Oh, maybe you can stay with me and my mom until she comes back from Nevada!"

"Will she be okay with that?"

"Yeah of course! She likes you."

"Okay. I can just walk to your house then."

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

"So it's okay for me to stay here?"

"Of course! You're like a daughter to me. There's no way I can say no!" Tasha objected.

"Okay thank you Tasha!" I said as I place my bag in the guest room.

"Oh and I'm so sorry about your father."

"It's okay I'm over it."

"Well is there anything you like to do to cheer you up?"

"I like movies..." I stated.

"Well perfect we can have movie night!!" She ran out of the room and presumably into the living room. Once I finished unpacking Leo hurried into my room.

"What idea have you said?" He asked worriedly.

"To have movie night, why?"

"She is going crazy about what movie to watch!"

"Ohh...umm....my bad?" He glares at me and pushes me towards the living room.

"Hi guys I'm just setting up the movie! Although what does this red thingy mean?" Tasha asked. I mentally face palmed at her and sighed. I went over to her, did some things, and it turned green.

"Great the red thingy turned green! We're ready!!" She exclaimed.

"Also happy birthday Leo!" She added as she brought in a chocolate cake.

"Thanks Mom!"

"Oh well happy birthday Leo! It's actually my birthday also!"

"Really wow! Well happy birthday to us!"

Tasha popped up popcorn and we watched the movie. It was awesome! We were about to say good night when something buzzed on my phone.

Your mother, Jen Lilac, has died from a car crash in Nevada because she was drunk. I am sorry for your loss.

I hurriedly told Tasha about my mother and she said that I could live with them. I fell asleep thinking about what would happen later on in my life.

~Fin~