Weird Upgrade

December 2014

~Edited July 8, 2015~

~~~1 Year Later~~~

I backflip and I kick the enemy on his back. I cartwheel to the next enemy and I side-kick him in the stomach. A laser shoots at me and I use my force field. I hear footsteps and I geo-leap behind him. He turns around but I punch him in the face. Suddenly the lights went on.

"Gahh!" I hissed. I turned off my night vision and I turn around. I see Douglas smirking near the buttons to stop the simulator.

"What was that for? I was about to beat my record!"

"Donnie says I have to put an upgrade in you today. "

"Ugh!!" I trudge my way to Douglas who puts a hand on my shoulder.

"I know it's boring!"

"It's even worse when you're the person being upgraded."

We reached the room as I stepped into my capsule. Douglas presses a few buttons and looks at me. Because I'm an android I have to keep standing until my upgrade is done.

"Ready?"

"For my standing marathon? Sure." I glumly reply. I hated upgrades ever since my first one. Douglas presses the final button and I feel the new upgrades going in. This is gonna take a while.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

I rub my neck in pain. The upgrades must have been major upgrades. If the upgrades were minor my neck won't be in pain. The upgrades was as long as a TV show marathon, if the show had 2 seasons and had 22 minutes per episode. I walk into the training room to see Donald, but no Douglas. 

"Okay! Time for training! This time you will be fighting a robot that has mastered different fighting techniques!" Donald explained.

"Bring in the robot!" I said as I go into my fighting stance.

The robot was really tall. It wasn't like a regular robot that had only 1 leg. It looked like Donald but taller and metallic. He goes into a fighting stance and stares at me.

"Does the robot have any bionics or something?" I asked. Frankly, I was kind of scared about this robot.

"No, nothing irregular." Donald replies.

I charge at the robot but he dodges. Every time I charge, he dodges. I finally try to punch the robot, but he caught my arm. I tried twisting out of its grasp, but he was too strong. I was overthrown by the immense pain that I couldn't move. He 'karate chops' my arm and I yelp in pain. He throws me to the floor and I land on my back causing even more pain.

I see the robot about to hit me again, but it powers down. Donald runs towards me and helps me up. I wince in pain as he grabs my arm and pulls me up. I look at my arm and I see it becoming red because of the robot. I touch it with my index and middle finger and it feels like I have a burnt spot or something on my arm. Donald also sees this and brings me to the medical part of the building.

He scans my arm for the damage but stops mid-way. I look at his face and a mixture of shock, anger, amazement, and betrayal was written all over his face.

"What is it?" I ask worries about Donald. He never looked like this ever since I was made.

"Your metal infrastructure is gone!" He says pressing buttons on his desk.

"What do you mean! I'm an android! How can I lose it!" I ask shocked.

"I don't know! What did you do before training?" He asked.

"Umm, Douglas gave me a really long upgrade." I replied confused. Didn't he already know? Douglas said that Donald wanted him to upgrade me.

"He did?"

"Wait wait. I'm confused. He said that you wanted Douglas to upgrade me!"

"I haven't spoken to Douglas since breakfast."

"Then why would he do that?"

"I don't know but what I know is that you need a cast."

He leads me to a doctor in a different room and leaves the doctor and me alone. I think he is going to talk with Douglas about that upgrade. The doctor wraps my arm with a cast and brings me to the training room to wait for Donald.

Hopefully nothing bad happened.

~Fin~

Yet again, another short chapter! And unfortunately the next chapter is going to be shorter than ANY of the chapters that are in the book. Sorry, because at the time I wrote the first few chapters, I was in school with lots of stuff to deal with, so the chapters were short. Thank you guys for reading and have a great day/night!! Bai!!!