37

"That place I sent you," Karro began. I jerked my head up toward him. I feared he'd heard the thoughts I just disappeared into. "What was it like?"

I threw an empty pouch at my feet. My head was beginning to spin. "It was just like earth, but without humanity. Before life. There were animals, sometimes, and plants. But, it just felt." I stopped. "Empty."

"If it makes you feel any better, I was not given a day of freedom before I woke up here."

Freedom.

I narrowed my eyes. It didn't make me feel better.

"Do you remember how you got here? Anything?" I'd been afraid to ask. I praised the whiskey for making my tongue loose.

Karro shook his head. "Not really. Nothing past that night. I was in the Time Sector, where I stored you." I scoffed at his choice of words. He continued. "I left after making sure you couldn't escape. I went back home, drank a few margaritas in your honor, and woke up here."

I scowled and reached for another bag. "Great to know that you were getting drunk after--" I winced. "That."

Karro's eyes slipped down the front of my body. I looked down at where his eyes fixed. My sweatpants were low, exposing the patch of skin below my belly button. It'd always been his favorite spot on my body. Especially when it came to coating his seed.

My face heated.

I looked down, hiding from him.

"Why must you make everything so sexual?" I asked.

From the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of his hips lifting. He readjusted his pants. "Why don't you come over here and find out?"

Our eyes locked. I opened another pouch, tossing a shot down my throat. I kept my eyes hard on his. My thighs felt like they were becoming numb. I hated how weak he made me feel. I hated it. I hated him. I hated myself.

My stomach tensed. It felt like he was already fucking me.

"No," I replied.

Karro's dimples sunk deep. I winced and tried not to look at them for too long.

"You know, now that I know you, I do not take you for a margarita girl." I was grateful that he changed the subject. I was two breaths from crawling onto him.

"Random," I replied. I tilted my head and looked up at him. This was not the type of conversation I'd imagined having with him. Ever.

"Yeah," Karro continued, drawing out his words. "I imagine tequila. No lime. No salt. Just the bottle."

I rolled my eyes. "That's specific. Is it not?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. It's just what I imagine a conniving, lying, little bitch to drink."

I stood up. My nails dug into the meat of my palm. My face felt like it was on fire. My teeth were going to break if he did not stop talking.

Karro perked up. A grin spread across his face. He looked at me like I was some form of entertainment. Nothing more.

He swung his long legs off the bed and planted his feet flat on the floor. I watched him run his hands up and down his thighs a few times.

I did not speak.

I stared, trembling from how tightly I held onto the anger.

"Are we going to fuck it out, Naga?" Karro asked, his smile growing.

"Fuck you."

"Gladly."

I scowled but slowly sat on the edge of my bed. I sat across from him. When I relaxed, he did as well. It felt like looking into a mirror.