Chapter 21

Clint got up and left the downstairs TV room to grab some coffee in the kitchen.   Violet left to see Bruce, and I was stuck at the house. I just wanted to get away. I needed to clear my head. I glanced towards the window that went across the wall, and clicked open one section and pulled it up and jumped through and closed it behind me. I cast my invisibility spell and walked out of the bushes and down the walkway to the driveway. I didn't know this place very well, so I cast a transportation spell to go back to Gretta's.

Gretta was startled as I appeared in the kitchen.

"Darren! What are you doing here? Clint told me that you know that Violet is your sister. He also mentioned you kissed her..." Gretta said trailing off giving me a chance to explain.

"…I know, you must think I am so stupid. I just had this attraction and I couldn't explain it and in the movies when people are attracted to people they usually try to show affection."

"I am so sorry. You know you can't pursue Violet, right?" Gretta asked gently.

"Of course! Knowing she is my sister makes me want to puke. Not because she is my sister, but because I kissed her and she is my sister. I don't like Violet like that anymore trust me. I just needed an escape to think. Somewhere I feel safe, which is here."

"Well you're welcome to come here anytime," Gretta said pulling me into a hug.

Gretta stiffened and pulled away looking around.

" What is it?" I asked innocently.

"Leave, it's not safe," Gretta said pushing me out of the kitchen.

Suddenly a window broke, and a person sped into the living room, I instinctively put myself in front of Gretta, wanting to keep her safe. The intruder snickered, and lunged at me. I knocked Gretta out of the way as I got pummeled to the ground. Gretta was on the ground crawling to the other entrance to the kitchen; to safety. I tried fighting my opponent, but lacked the physical strength. My stacker stood up, grabbing my shirt, pulling me up with him.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Darren," he smiled eerily.

I struggled against his hold, but it was no use, I end helpless against him physically. I tried focusing on my powers but was injected with something and everything went black.

I woke up disoriented. I looked around and realized I was in a prison. I started to panic, but tried to keep my cool. I heard footsteps coming down from the old stone stairs that were down the hall. I braced myself for whatever was coming. To my surprise a petit blonde came down accompanied by a tall strong blonde man.

"This is Darren, Marnie," the man said smiling.

"Him? I thought you said he was strong, Nick."

"He is! Just give him time. Hello Darren, it is a pleasure to meet you. Sorry for the unpleasant way we had to meet. I just needed to make sure I had your cooperation before I released you from this cell."

"Who are you and what do you want with me?" I barked with surprising confidence.

Nick snickered, "I am the King of the vampires. My name is Nick and you are Darren, the sorcerer of much talk. I hear you have extraordinary power. I also hear Violet and you had a bit of a falling out. I also know that she is disgusted by you, which is so sad since you really are a nice boy. But all Violet sees is a broken boy who is weak..." Nick said with an empathetic face.

"You...you're the one they’re fighting against. The one Andrew wants to take down," I said looking at Nick, not seeing why he was such a big deal.

"Yes, that would be me. But Andrew's plan has failed. He can't get the cure for werewolfism if I have the scientist who made it," Nick said motioning to another cell, where an unconscious man was laying.

"Bruce?" I asked.

"Yes that's Bruce. Violet is probably raging mad, and that means Andrew feels obligated to make her feel better, which means he will do anything to make her happy, even if that means giving himself up. He is sadly in love with her, and that makes him weak. Darren, did you know that you have a connection with Violet that gives you the ability to kill her? Your magic connects you two and if you concentrate hard enough, you can kill her. And you will try to kill her if I ask you to, because if you don't, Gretta will be killed for your intolerance," Nick said as a strong man came down with Gretta in shackles and her mouth tied.

She looked so frail and broken with the tears falling. This got me angry, and I lost control of my powers as the room started shaking and the mental started to bend, and Nick’s eyes widened and he smiled which made me stop immediately.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Nick said enthusiastically.

"What do you want?" I barked.

"You. Bruce. Andrew to surrender and Violet out of the picture."