Chapter 25

Friday morning I awoke to the house in frenzy. I heard people arguing downstairs, including Jason. Sitting up I smoothed my hair out, and walked down the hall and stood at the top of the stairs listening for a moment before going down. Entering the kitchen Jason was screaming at Clint as Clint ignored Jason. Daniel was on his phone and Alex was covering his ears. I rushed up to Alex and grabbed him and took him out of the kitchen and put him in the TV room.

“What is going on?” I asked.

“Andrew is gone, and Vince is here with Greg,” Alex explained.

“What? Okay, sit here and watch TV I will get the house back in order,” I said as I handed him the remote before entering the kitchen again.

“Shut up!” I screamed, getting their attention. “Now then, can someone tell me why Jason, Vince, and Greg are here, and why Andrew isn’t?” I asked.

            Everyone started speaking at once and I crossed my arms. The room went silent, and Greg and Vince appeared from the dining room.

“Violet, we are here because Daniel called me in the middle of the night telling me that Andrew left. I got a plane, grabbed these two because I knew we could use the help, and got over here as quickly as possible,” Jason said quickly.

“I am glad to see you both. But how do you know Andrew left?” I asked looking at Daniel who was still on the phone.

“One second Blade,” Daniel said putting the phone down, “Andrew left a letter saying that he was handing himself over to save you.”

            I sighed and ran my hands through my hair in frustration. Greg and Vince walked over and hugged me.

“By the way, I do want the cure. Jesse is practically ready to break up with me because she knows I’m hiding something,” Vince said making me laugh.

“He isn’t lying. You know how Jesse can get,” Greg said with a smirk.

“Okay, everyone stop arguing. Sit down. Eat. We will figure this all out. I’m going to shower, when I get down, Greg, Vince and I are heading to Bruce’s. Daniel and Clint you guys can work on tracking Andrew. Jason you can take care of Alex. Everyone good on that?” I more demanded than asked.

            Everyone nodded, and I smiled. Heading back upstairs I hopped into a shower and got ready for the day as quick as I could. Once back downstairs everyone was quite behaved. I grabbed some toast off the counter and Clint tossed me the car keys from the table. Greg and Vince stood up and followed me out the front door to the driveway.

“So how have you two been? I’ve missed you guys,” I said.

“We’ve been good. Greg’s dad has been much better, isn’t that right?” Vince asked.

“Yeah, he got his act together. He actually gives us money on time, and gives us enough to be comfortable instead of just scraping by,” Greg explained getting in the front seat as Vince sat in the middle of the back seat.

“Good, now let’s go get you the cure,” I said looking in the rear view mirror, catching Vince’s eyes.

            Arriving at Bruce’s house, Nat was outside and waved as she saw us pull in. She seemed quite calm knowing her brother was missing.

“Hello, how are you guys?” Nat asked.

“Good, but aren’t you worried that Nick has Bruce?” I asked.

“Of course, but that’s the price of being in my family. But seriously what are you doing here?” Nat asked courtly.

“Vince here wants the cure, and I know where Bruce keeps it so I was going to give it to Vince,” I explained, as I walked to the front door.

“Oh, well, it’s not like making the cure doesn’t cost anything you know,” Nat said.

“You guys have money, I think you’re fine,” I said back as the door opened, revealing a sad Charles.

“Hello Violet,” Charles greeted solemnly.

“Hey, we are going to get Bruce back,” I assured.

            Charles nodded as we entered, and went to the basement. The basement looked cleaned. It was a bit more organized than the first time I had come down here. I went over to the shelf and opened a case that revealed vials containing the cure. I took one out and we walked back upstairs and sat down at the dining table. I wasn’t fond of needles and injecting people, but I wanted Vince to be happy.

“You ready?” I asked.

“Yes,” Vince said confidently.

            I injected the cure and Vince felt a bit dizzy afterwards. Nat came in and smirked.

“Take him up to Bruce’s bed. He is going to need rest, and food. Charles, please get Vince something that will help with the dizziness,” Nat commanded.

            Greg and I helped Vince up the stairs and put him down in Bruce’s bed. Fond memories are here. I remember that night I stayed over.

“Violet?” Greg said.

“What? Did you say something?” I asked.

“Yeah, we should get back to the house and plan further,” Greg said pulling me from Bruce’s bedside where Vince lay already asleep.

“Okay, I’m coming,” I assured.

            Going downstairs I let Charles know that when we find something he would be the first one I called, which eased Charles mind. Nat just gave me the creeps. She was too calm about her brother being missing. It was unsettling.

            Arriving back at the house Trace’s car was there. I rushed into the house because I heard another disagreement.

“What’s going on?” I asked as I saw Trace and Daniel fighting.

“Ask Daniel why Andrew left, he knows,” Trace challeneged.

“Don’t listen to him,” Daniel spat.

“Daniel, tell me where Andrew is, and why he left,” I said pulling a knife from the counter, pushing Daniel against the fridge, holding the knife to his throat.

“You know that wont kill me,” Daniel said.

“Well, if I don’t cut all the way through it wont, but as I recall decapitation is a way to kill a vampire,” I threatened.

“We got in an argument over you,” Daniel started and I put less pressure on the knife, “Andrew and I fought. He left to save you. I told him he couldn’t give in to Nick, but Andrew did. So he is probably already in Transylvania working with Nick, which is why you haven’t gotten those pains since he has been gone,” Daniel explained.

            I let Daniel go and slammed the knife down on the counter and paced the kitchen.

“You’re…dark. Extremely dark,” Trace whispered.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“It just hit me. You’re really violent and I don’t know…just a thought,” Trace said.

“And vampires aren’t?” I asked.

“You’re human. There’s a difference, or well should be. Vampires have an excuse as to their violence and nature. You’re human. I know you were raised by Vlad, a hunter, and he taught you all of that, but don’t you ever wonder what it would be like if you didn’t have to be all that?” Trace asked.

“I wonder all the time, but right now, we have to save Andrew,” I said.